Options
2»

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce

and you cant rewire genetics.

you still have 60 pounds to lose so you're not anywhere near you goal yet to start worrying about how to tweak things (sorry to say i that way, but that's the only way i know how. your question about getting skinny thighs when you have 60 pounds to lose is like someone in 7th grade worrying about which college rommamtes to pick. you have a while to go before you get to where you'll need to worry about that).

losing the 60+ pounds weight will do more to reducing your thigh size (and overall body size) than trying to do impossible spot reduction.
    and while you're losing weight via calorie deficit lift weights. look into programs like strong lifts, starting strength or new rules of lifting for women

Nowhere in my post did i say that I wanted skinny thighs in the near future. I am the type of person who likes to think ahead.. I plan on starting my weight training in the next week and wanted to be proactive. While you probably didn't mean to come off as a jerk, how you worded that was very rude... but thank you for the insight nonetheless..

i realized it would come off as rude because i'm basically saying there are no quick fixes.

you have 60 pounds to lose according to your ticker. hell i lost 30 pounds last year and i still have 60 pounds to lose :laugh:

my point is that asking how to get skinny anything when there's that much fat to lose is putting the cart before the horse. it's also a good way to set yourself up for failure.

Once again, you have missed the WHOLE message. I never said I was looking for a quick fix... So now how do you explain your rude nature??

Seriously, that response wasn't rude, but you're being quite rude yourself. Instead of getting bent out of shape, you might want to take a gander at the message. You're asking a question about something that is so far down the road in your journey that no one can give you an accurate answer, because you don't know what your thighs are going to look like after you've lost the weight. You may never be able to get thin thighs due to your body type, or you may lose 60 lbs and find out that your thighs look pretty close to what you have in mind. Don't get all cranky just because someone made a valid point that wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce

you still have 60 pounds to lose so you're not anywhere near you goal yet to start worrying about how to tweak things (sorry to say i that way, but that's the only way i know how. your question about getting skinny thighs when you have 60 pounds to lose is like someone in 7th grade worrying about which college rommamtes to pick. you have a while to go before you get to where you'll need to worry about that).

losing the 60+ pounds weight will do more to reducing your thigh size (and overall body size) than trying to do impossible spot reduction.
    and while you're losing weight via calorie deficit lift weights. look into programs like strong lifts, starting strength or new rules of lifting for women

Nowhere in my post did i say that I wanted skinny thighs in the near future. I am the type of person who likes to think ahead.. I plan on starting my weight training in the next week and wanted to be proactive. While you probably didn't mean to come off as a jerk, how you worded that was very rude... but thank you for the insight nonetheless..

i realized it would come off as rude because i'm basically saying there are no quick fixes.

you have 60 pounds to lose according to your ticker. hell i lost 30 pounds last year and i still have 60 pounds to lose :laugh:

my point is that asking how to get skinny anything when there's that much fat to lose is putting the cart before the horse. it's also a good way to set yourself up for failure.

Once again, you have missed the WHOLE message. I never said I was looking for a quick fix... So now how do you explain your rude nature??

Why are you being so sensitive? You really need to get thicker skin, if you're going to ask other people here for advice. You've gotten good advice, keep doing what you're doing and add in some resistance/weight training and you'll discover some nice legs under the remaining 60lbs. Good luck
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    when you hit the 50`s your legs get skinny all on its own lol
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Just keep working out and losing weight and after that see what happens. Or just fake it until you make it...thats literally what im doing right now...I mean I'm working out definitely but every time i see myself in the mirror I envision that i have the muscles and the shape that i want and slowly its starting to really peek through.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce

jsf
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I started with big thighs.
    I still have big thighs.
    Yes, they've gotten smaller - 4 inches smaller on each thigh, in fact - but so has the rest of me, which means my thighs still look big. That's just the way my body is. My ultimate goal is to lose body fat and build muscle, which means that I'll probably end up with big muscular thighs instead of big fat ones! :laugh:

I agree with the others who have said that you should just carry on as you are now and re-evaluate once you get closer to your goal. As already stated, you can't spot reduce fat. The only way to get smaller anything is to lose body fat. So, give it time. You may like your thighs once you get to your goal weight. :smile:
  • MadameLAL
    Options
    you can't spot reduce

The OP's response here reminds me why I never post on these boards anymore. It's so easy to be misunderstood with all the right intentions. Bless those of you who try.