New report shows that it is impossible to lose weight.

Options

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Apparently you missed the part where it's an article from The Onion. In other words, it's a joke.

Well considering I've never gone onto that site & didnt know it existed till now..... kinda hard to know that right? I don't follow bull**** sites.
    But you read the article, right? I think your satire detector needs re-calibration. :huh:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    The Onion's version of JSF.

Quality
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Apparently you missed the part where it's an article from The Onion. In other words, it's a joke.

Well considering I've never gone onto that site & didnt know it existed till now..... kinda hard to know that right? I don't follow bull**** sites.

And yet... here you are. :huh: :ohwell:
    black-kid-oh-snap.gif
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

They have this thing called "Google"... you should check it out sometime.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

And this is why people believe the stupidest things, nobody bothers to actually check out the source of an article. "If it's on the internet, it must be real!" A 5 second look at the web site itself would've told you it's a satirical site. Heck, they even publish an actual print newspaper and have their own radio station.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    :-p
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

But you read the article, right? I think your satire detector needs re-calibration. :huh:

Lol iknorite
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

And this is why people believe the stupidest things, nobody bothers to actually check out the source of an article. "If it's on the internet, it must be real!" A 5 second look at the web site itself would've told you it's a satirical site. Heck, they even publish an actual print newspaper and have their own radio station.

I was thinking the same thing. Sad how many people just believe what's on the internet. They don't bother looking into the page or the author.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. Sad how many people just believe what's on the internet. They don't bother looking into the page or the author.

Actually in this case it's pretty obvious it's a joke without even knowing the source...

But what makes the onion funny is that it's not really that much of a stretch.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/iranian-news-agency-claims-onion-report-it-ran-by-mistake-is-essentially-true/
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Yea, but from the poster who made the above statement, it's not really much of a surprise
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    This is actually really motivating. If the onion feels the need to be satirical about it, it means it obviously possible. :D
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

And where can i find this "google"?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    sounds reasonable.
    This should be a sticky.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

And where can i find this "google"?

You'll have to google it.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    It's not April 1st, is it ?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Welcome to the internet. It only goes downhill from here.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    At least the government is doing something about the obesity epidemic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRoSJ1y1FSY
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    It's not April 1st, is it ?
    Of course it is. The world is upside down right now.
  • AngelicWing
    Options
    This was just too funny. It gave me a good laugh. Of course, then I had to shake my head not at the people who thought it was real but at the people who got all uppity at those who mistook it for real. So they didn't know it was a joke. Chill out. No reason to freak out over it. This is for a good laugh. Although, I have to admit, sometimes it feels like it's impossible to lose weight. I was on this program for over a year, quit for a few months, gained 35 pounds, so now I'm back. Feels impossible, but unlike the article, it's not! Great for a laugh! Thanks! :laugh:
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I freaking love The Onion. But I am one of those crazy people with a totally twisted sense of humor....so...ya know....