How Do I Lose My Last 10lbs

Options
124»

Replies

• MaeRenee94
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and have the saem exact weight goal as you. I'm eating about 1800 calories and its been good

Hi, nice! What else are you doing besides eating 1800cals?

I just started a new weight lifting plan, it's kind of hard to explain but as an example for biceps and triceps: I do 4 sets of cable curl and rope push down. Those reps go 25 20 15 10 than I do skull crushers and barbell curl with reps of 10 15 20 25. So basically every other day I lift every other day I do HIIT cardio. The lifting I am now doing is fast and gets me in and out of the super guick. My HIIT is either stair stepper, incline sprints, elyptical, or jump rope. I just started doing this this week so I if I will have great success but I am hoping to shock my body with this.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and have the saem exact weight goal as you. I'm eating about 1800 calories and its been good

Hi, nice! What else are you doing besides eating 1800cals?

I just started a new weight lifting plan, it's kind of hard to explain but as an example for biceps and triceps: I do 4 sets of cable curl and rope push down. Those reps go 25 20 15 10 than I do skull crushers and barbell curl with reps of 10 15 20 25. So basically every other day I lift every other day I do HIIT cardio. The lifting I am now doing is fast and gets me in and out of the super guick. My HIIT is either stair stepper, incline sprints, elyptical, or jump rope. I just started doing this this week so I if I will have great success but I am hoping to shock my body with this.

Cool, I like the sounds of your workouts! Enjoy! I did elliptical today for 30minutes. 5 min warmup, 20 minutes medium fast and 4 min cool down. Then I did 3 sets bench press and 3 sets of leg extensions both at 40lbs.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    what kind of lifting are you going to be doing..compounds?

I just did my first workout a while ago. (I did StrongLifts 5X5 a year ago) This is what i did today:

Front Squats 60lbs 3X10
    BenchPress on machine 40lbs 3X10
    BackRows 60lbs 1X10

On Tuesday i will do this:
    Front Squats 65lbs 3X10
    OHP 40lbs 3X10
    Deads 120lbs 1X10

Sets of 10 is NOT lifting heavy. FWIW.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    From what you have said, the most important thing to you is to drop 10 pounds, and secondary is to maintain whatever muscle you *already* have. Is that correct?

If so, you want a cut cycle. You want to maintain the muscle you have, and lose fat. To do that, you need low calorie, and maintain whatever weight you are lifting now (use it or lose it). You can do low calorie either through restriction, or by burning it off with cardio. You should be able to accomplish this with a 12-week cut cycle (at a 1 pound per week loss, with a two week variance thrown in). Set your MFP goals at losing one pound per week. Log all of your food.

If you start lifting heavy now, and try to increase how much you are lifting, that is trying to build muscle, which may cause your weight to increase, even though your body size will most likely decrease.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do think you have gotten some great advice, but in the end, you need to do what will work for you. And, it sounds like you have your mind set on your plan. That is good! Stick to it and good luck! I do think it's a solid plan.

I struggled with the last 10 for almost 2 years. I found that in the end, deficit/weights/cardio was not enough. I had to swap in diet breaks to fix my metabolism, and I needed to be cautious about my macros. Now, I may be an exception, as I've become quite sensitive to dairy, and very sensitive to gluten. But, to drop the final few (and any I need to drop at this point) I have to keep carbs down to 75g or so and eat at least my body weight in g of protein. I kick out any remaining processed foods that lurk in, and alcohol.

Highly highly recommend looking at Leigh Peele's website. She has great guidance for the last 10.