Smoothie King

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for other options, because I'm getting a little tired of my current diet.

this is your problem right there…what is your "current" diet..?

I have been eating healthy with a combination of things I like aka pizza, ice cream, etc and have lost weight, met my work out goals, and am in great shape…and I NEVER get bored with what I am eating..

tonight I am having chicken parm with pasta and I will be in a deficit for the day and hit my macros….nothing boring about that...

are you restricting certain foods????
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for other options, because I'm getting a little tired of my current diet. If I decided to wake up one morning and say that I want to do a fast I wanted to know if I would continue losing weight after I went back to my normal diet. From what I've read I see that smoothie king alone may not be the best idea. lol
    Thank you all for your input!
    Eat what ever you want. The key is moderation and tweaking so that you can fit everything you want and still be in your calorie deficit, takes time to learn it. Swap higher calorie recipes out for remade/lower-calorie ones and stuff like that.

I haven't given up anything, I eat pizza, spaghetti, bbq, etc... I have just learned to make it a bit healthier and stuff and it works for me.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for other options, because I'm getting a little tired of my current diet. If I decided to wake up one morning and say that I want to do a fast I wanted to know if I would continue losing weight after I went back to my normal diet. From what I've read I see that smoothie king alone may not be the best idea. lol
    Thank you all for your input!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but from your profile....

In the past two years I have tried a number of fad diets with no luck, now I am ready to do this the hard way and I can't wait to reap the benefits once I get to the end of my journey!

I think the 'Smoothie King Diet' ( even if it's invented by you.... ) could be considered a 'fad' diet. You seem to be losing now, doing things the 'right' way, correct? If you're getting tired of your current diet, maybe you're restricting certain foods, or eating the same thing all the time? You can switch up your diet, without doing something totally radical, like drinking 3 smoothies a day.
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Yes, yes, a million times yes! I literally eat a protein shake (lean 1) for breakfast and fish/chicken and salad for lunch and dinner! With snacks of almonds,raisins, and pretzels here and there. I don't feel robbed out of cheating every now and then because I haven't had the urge to do it... yet. I've been doing this since Nov. 12th.. I'm just getting to the point where I am over it!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Yes, yes, a million times yes! I literally eat a protein shake (lean 1) for breakfast and fish/chicken and salad for lunch and dinner! With snacks of almonds,raisins, and pretzels here and there. I don't feel robbed out of cheating every now and then because I haven't had the urge to do it... yet. I've been doing this since Nov. 12th.. I'm just getting to the point where I am over it!

If you're getting bored with your diet after a month, then yeah, you're restricting too much. :tongue:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

You're bored with your current diet so you think having nothing but smoothies will be better?! :huh:
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm completely new to this, so I don't know what would be better. I'm use to eating all things unhealthy, so this is a learning process for me...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm completely new to this, so I don't know what would be better. I'm use to eating all things unhealthy, so this is a learning process for me...

1. create a calorie deficit of 500 cals a day
    2. log/weight everything that you eat
    3. try to work out/move more
    4. eat an ocassional treat but maintain your daily deficit…aim for 80% healthy and 20% what you want = pizza, ice cream, candy etc..
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

1. create a calorie deficit of 500 cals a day
    2. log/weight everything that you eat
    3. try to work out/move more
    4. eat an ocassional treat but maintain your daily deficit…aim for 80% healthy and 20% what you want = pizza, ice cream, candy etc..

^ all of that, and I'll add focus getting sufficient protein and on strength training rather than cardio if you want to lose mostly fat and maintain muscle mass.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    What Beach said. You can check out my diary if you want; it's public. I shoot for 1800 calories a day (the average is higher though) and about 180 grams of protein per day. I also require a certain amount of starchy carbs and vegetables with each meal. I also have dessert at lunch and dinner. You *can* enjoy all the stuff you want, you just have to learn how to make it all fit into your calorie limit.