Smoothie King

Options
Would it be ok to go two weeks with drinking smoothie kings lean 1 shakes 3 times a day? I'm looking to lose weight from this.

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    how about just eating foods you enjoy within your calorie allotment?
  • Flyersteve18
    Flyersteve18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    how about just eating foods you enjoy within your calorie allotment?

Eat food. Primarily vegetables. More vegetables you eat, the less you'll eat in a day because you are not craving 10 cheesesteaks to sustain you. Also, if you are craving sugar, eat an apple.

The only people that need shakes are people looking to gain muscle aka protein shakes. And even then a protein shake isn't needed unless they are on a serious cut.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    you dont need to.
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Skimpstah I've been doing that, I just enjoy those shakes so much that I could get by with having only those throughout the day.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    You'd lose weight. It's also unsustainable and it's likely you will regain the weight when you return to a sustainable diet.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if you want to starve yourself, binge, and then repeat, then yes…

why not just eat in a calorie deficit, eat real foods that you enjoy, and work out???
  • ndj1979
    Options

The only people that need shakes are people looking to gain muscle aka protein shakes. And even then a protein shake isn't needed unless they are on a serious cut.

huh?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a balanced diet but you'd lose weight. Best of luck
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

huh?

Magical protein shakes make you gain muscle on a serious cut. Yep. I'm a believer
  • Cranquistador
    Options

why not just eat in a calorie deficit, eat real foods that you enjoy, and work out???
    do you know something about the program she is doing? curious as to why you associate drinking shakes with starving herself.
  • ndj1979
    Options

do you know something about the program she is doing? curious as to why you associate drinking shakes with starving herself.

three shakes a day and no real food would qualify as starving ones self IMO...
  • ndj1979
    Options

huh?

Magical protein shakes make you gain muscle on a serious cut. Yep. I'm a believer

shakeology?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong. The reason people drink protein shakes is to hit their protein macro. The reason why people should consume a certain amount of protein while cutting is to RETAIN the lean muscle mass that they currently have.
  • Cranquistador
    Options

ah, i missed the part where she said she would have no real food.:flowerforyou:
  • wheird
    Options
    Would it be ok to go two weeks with drinking smoothie kings lean 1 shakes 3 times a day? I'm looking to lose weight from this.

Well, I'll tell you this, if you decide to do it, you will not starve or do any real damage to yourself. However, you might be a bit incontinent depending on how you handle the shake. And you will see an initial drop in weight, but that will be primarly from water and glycogen stores, which will replenish when you go back to eating normally.

Overall, it isn't the best idea and will have little effect on your overall weight loss, but I respect your right to do as you wish.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

3 X the 20 oz size would put you way under calories per day... 3 x the 32 oz size 'might' put you close, depending on what your needs are. Obviously, surviving off of Bananas, Almonds, & Lean1 Chocolate for 2 weeks, isn't nutritionally sound.

To address the starving yourself issue... they have 40 oz smoothies, which are listed at 586 calories each.... so, if you were consuming 3 of those per day, you wouldn't be 'starving' yourself.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2 weeks? You say you're already eating foods you enjoy within your calorie allotment.... why not just stay with the program?
  • ndj1979
    Options

ah, i missed the part where she said she would have no real food.:flowerforyou:

also, my dad tried this about a year ago …two shakes a day and dinner and after a month he was lacking energy, feint, and basically not a happy person..
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    If you like them, try enjoying them once a week after a hard lifting session as a meal replacement. I like the Gladiator once a week. It's also too damned expensive to eat them all the time!
  • aggiegirl121
    aggiegirl121 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking for other options, because I'm getting a little tired of my current diet. If I decided to wake up one morning and say that I want to do a fast I wanted to know if I would continue losing weight after I went back to my normal diet. From what I've read I see that smoothie king alone may not be the best idea. lol
    Thank you all for your input!
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm just looking for other options, because I'm getting a little tired of my current diet. If I decided to wake up one morning and say that I want to do a fast I wanted to know if I would continue losing weight after I went back to my normal diet. From what I've read I see that smoothie king alone may not be the best idea. lol
    Thank you all for your input!

If you think fasting might be sustainable for you, look into the 5:2 intermittent fasting method.