What do you do when you want to burn 100 calories?

Options
Basically as the title says. What exercises do you do when you want to just burn around 100 quick calories?

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do a level of 30 days shred really quick.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I never aim to burn X amount of calories--I just workout. But if I did want to I guess I'd do a quick circuit of something like squats, jumping jacks, push-ups, mountain climbers, crunches, "jump-rope," and tricep dips or donkey kicks for 1 minute each and repeat x 2.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    put on good music and dance like i'm in a big freida video for 15 minutes
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    That's not the way I roll and it's not a very healthy mindset. I workout...I have set fitness objectives and a routine...I consistently practice that routine. There is no reason to go out doing some unplanned exercise or whatever just because you think you need to burn an extra 100 calories because you did something "naughty"...really, that is the road to a really bad relationship between yourself, food, and fitness...
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Ya this approach to exercising is not going to help you very much in the long run, but if it's just a weird thing to keep you netting well for the day, I dunno, try jogging for like 10 minutes.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Basically as the title says. What exercises do you do when you want to just burn around 100 quick calories?

Run 1 mile. Walk 2 miles.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    row :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just sit on my butt for about an hour, hour and a half. That usually does it.

If I go to the gym or go to "exercise" it's for a training goal. "Burn calories" is not a training goal.... it's something my body does by itself.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    That's not the way I roll and it's not a very healthy mindset. I workout...I have set fitness objectives and a routine...I consistently practice that routine. There is no reason to go out doing some unplanned exercise or whatever just because you think you need to burn an extra 100 calories because you did something "naughty"...really, that is the road to a really bad relationship between yourself, food, and fitness...

THIS!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i put the fork down.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Breast-feed.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,724 Member
    Options
    Twenty minute walk.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ten minutes of walking up and down stairs. I try to do this a few times a day just to get the blood circulating and to prevent falling asleep at my desk.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    30 minute walk
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    (sorry for the rude ppl ... geez)

I say dance all over the place! To One Direction ... I like that stuff ... I also start cleaning ... kills two birds

50540473.png
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Jump rope.

Where extra weight, it'll be even faster.

If you do it indoors and hit lamps and ceiling lights and picture frames, the clean up can easily add another 100.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Take the dog for a quick walk
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    (sorry for the rude ppl ... geez)

I say dance all over the place! To One Direction ... I like that stuff ... I also start cleaning ... kills two birds

50540473.png

What rude people?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

^^^Yep this!!!!