What time do YOU stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't have a time that I stop eating. If I have calories left for the day, and I'm hungry before bed, I eat a light snack.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Whenever. I only care about my calorie limit. I eat the bulk of my calories at night, so if I stopped at 5pm I'd probably be at least 1000 under my goal.
    Find out when you eat the most, and you can save more of your calories for that time.
    But overall you just need to get control over your portions/snacking, not what you're eating or when.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It depends on how active I've been and how many calories I've eaten already, but I have no rule that says I can't eat right up until I go to sleep. Also, we seldom even eat dinner until 7 or 8 anyway.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Due to my work schedule, I'm mostly have my dinner at 7 or 8 in the evening. Then I'll have my evening snack. I try not to eat 2 hours before going to bed and don't fill my stomach then. I sleep better on a rather empty stomach.
    My evening snack is a regular meal, but in smaller portions. I couldn't snack on fruits at evening. I would make me gassy in the morning; and fruits make me more hungry.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Usually between 11pm and midnight. Because I try to get to bed by midnight. (I'm not always successful.)
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I eat when I feel like it, it's not like the energy won't be used. Had a brownie like an hour before bed last night. Although some stuff doesn't make me feel very well before bed.
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We are all so different. To make this journey a part of my life I couldn't go without my treat at night. Most nights I have my popcorn and sometimes that is just an hour or so before my bedtime. It has not hindered my weight loss at all.
    If I find i'm depriving myself, I will fail at this.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the day - what time i eat dinner varies, how much I eat for dinner, and how active I was that day

Some evenings I get hungry at 8-9 and have a snack, other times I don't get hungry again after dinner and I'll stop logging around 6

I don't worry too much about what time I eat, I am more concerned with making my calorie goal each day.
  • KrisN30
    KrisN30 Posts: 19
    Options
    10 pm for now. i go to bed at midnight because I don't have a job or school in the morning right now. That will change soon, though. I try to not eat 2-3 hours before bed.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I eat my last meal 4 to 6 hours before bedtime... but then I like to have a snack about half hour before I go to sleep. If I don't want the snack because I don't feel hungry, then I don't eat it, but if I'm even the slightest bit hungry and I go to sleep, I won't sleep soundly. For me a snack= a yogurt and half a piece of fruit, some popcorn and an apple, or maybe half a cup of oatmeal with apples.
  • jamie88moore
    jamie88moore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do same exact thing...EVERYNIGHT....THAT IS WHY I PUT ON 30 LBS.....starting today I have to get on track!!!!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When I'm out of calories usually.....
  • snapdragon1231
    snapdragon1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Unless I am in a social situation is stop eating after dinner, and desert if I have one.I have a lifelong habit of eating really healthy during the day then binge eating at night. It's more mental than anything, I don't think it matters when you eat your calories but for me night time snacking is often disastrous!
  • KingaS32
    KingaS32 Posts: 73
    Options
    I don't eat after 7pm. When I'm going out it's a whole different story
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    DOESNT SEEM TO MATTER, I HEAR PEOPLE SAY THAT ALL THE TIME TOO, BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT AFFECT ANYTHING, I DO TRY TO EAT EARLY ON SAT NIGHT BECAUSE I DO MY WEEKLY WEIGH IN ON SUNDAY MORNING THOUGH.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I've eaten right up to bedtime. I think you need to evaluate what and how much your eating. It's okay to have 9 tortilla chips if your within your calories.
    I would suggest pre-logging your meals and some snacks. I do with my snack and lunch (when going to the gym). If you pre-log you see it before hand and will be better able to space out your foods/calories.
  • lmpace
    lmpace Posts: 1
    Options
    I typically have dinner no later than 6:30. Then that's the last I eat. For the last week it's been easier because I have been staying away from simple carbs and simple sugars entirely. I'm eating more lean protein. So I feel more full that I ever used to!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    11:59:59 PM Local Time
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I stop before I fall asleep... eating in your sleep can be dangerous.

Yup!
  • Nataliecatalie93
    Options
    Normally I have one snack about an hour or two after dinner which can be anywhere from 6 to 8 , because I usually go to bed around the same time every night. If I stay up later than I usually do, I end up having another snack like a banana or smoothie because my body is using more energy than it's used too. Or at least that's the way I see it.