What time do YOU stop eating for the day?

Options

Replies

• eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I never stop. I save a couple hundred calories end of the day for late snack. midnight restarts the diary, yay! 1500 is hard! But I was there in April/May.
  • cvaj09
    cvaj09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I gained forty pounds in a years time, due to eating late and then falling asleep. Now I eat my dinner at 6 pm then close the kitchen. Plus I wasn't working out at all just stressed everyday.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I go to sleep.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Whenever... In regards to weight loss or dieting, your body doesn't care when you eat or stop eating.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    no - you gained forty pounds by eating extra calories and falling asleep. i eat right before bed - usually cereal and milk - and i've been losing weight very steadily doing this because i budget my calories. i always save at least 200 for my bedtime snack.

calories don't know when you eat them. i shoot for 1200 net calories per day, haven't missed once and haven't had a week where i haven't lost at least a little weight, averaging 1 pound loss per week.
    I gained forty pounds in a years time, due to eating late and then falling asleep. Now I eat my dinner at 6 pm then close the kitchen. Plus I wasn't working out at all just stressed everyday.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Gaining forty pounds was a product of eating at a surplus, not WHEN you ate. No offense, of course... There's just no scientifically proven studies that suggest meal timing matters.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I always save a few calories (100-200) for a snack or glass of milk before going to bed. I just cannot sleep on an empty stomach.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Gaining forty pounds was a product of eating at a surplus, not WHEN you ate. No offense, of course... There's just no scientifically proven studies that suggest meal timing matters.

^this. I've lost 53 lbs eating a large portion of my calories less than an hour for bed.

I like my snacks *shrugs*

It's personal preference. Eat when you feel best, stay within your respective calorie goals for your desired results.

Last night I ate like 1000 calories before bed. As long as you don't get an upset tummy, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I stop when I'm done eating.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    When I'm full and have met my requirements for the day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    i usually stop when my calorie allowance for the day is met or it's bed time...
    ^ This. Stopping when you're at your allowance is key. It sucks when that's 11:00 AM. But it's the only way proven to make you lose weight (calorie deficit). If you got to your goal by 11:00 AM, go do 300 calories worth of exercise so that you can have some fish and veggies and rice for dinner (or what have you).
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    all day errrday....Seriously. If I'm awake, there's something goin' in my mouth. The dilema comes when it's after midnight...do I count it as the day I haven't finished yet or do I count it as the next? Choices, choices.....
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    9:00 pm is my cutoff for eating
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    all day errrday....Seriously. If I'm awake, there's something goin' in my mouth. The dilema comes when it's after midnight...do I count it as the day I haven't finished yet or do I count it as the next? Choices, choices.....
    LOL Megan!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't have an "official" stop time for eating. Unless we are having ice cream "later", I typically don't eat anything after supper, which is normally around 6 pm. (If we are having ice cream, that's usually at 8 pm.) Bed time is around 9-9:30. And the blasted alarm goes off at 5 am.
  • KathrynEMcGrady
    Options
    I go to bed at 9 on school nights. So I stop eating at 9 pm.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, never!

Actually, not true.... around midnight, just before brushing teeth and going to sleep....
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm sleeping. That's pretty much the only "don't eat after" rule I don't break.