Anyone Have A Seasoning "Staple" In Their Diet ?

Options
124»

Replies

• Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I second the Old Bay. Best roasted chicken ever. I have a pretty wide variety of spices that I use. From sweet to savory. It's a great way to add extra flavor without extra calories.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Spice Hunter Roasted Granulated Garlic -- it has a mild nutty flavor compared to regular garlic powder. It is such a nice addition to to soups & sauces. I've also been using a lot of cumin lately! Additional spices: sea salt, pepper, both black & cayenne, smoked paprika, fennel, herbs de provence, thyme, along with all the regulars. I have 2 cabinets full of spices! Did mention that I love to cook?!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Garlic, onion, thyme, basil, oregano, course sea salt and just enough pepper to make me sneeze!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love Old Bay Seasoning, this seasoning is a blend of spices, and its awesome! It tastes good on everything from scrambled eggs to shrimp and chicken.

Old Bay all the way!

That and Cackalacky Spice Sauce.

ETA: Tiger sauce too.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Garlic Salt + Onion Powder is a combination that I use on multiple things.

Then I take Sriracha and spray it all over everywhere and in my mouth too.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Garlic, and Tapatio. They are really all you need.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's South African Smoke seasoning - this stuff is awesome as a dry rub.

I was recently turned on to that. I put it on my seitan and eggs, it was great!

Also in for Old Bay (used to mix it into the flour when I made fried chicken). I'm starting to learn to use spices more. I got some from Penzy from a friend for Christmas and figured I oughta use them. :smile:
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Garlic, onions, and alma paprika (all from my garden!)
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    definitely garlic or garlic salt.
    like my boyfriend says: garlic is a very important food group.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Tastefully Simple's Rustic Herb Seasoning. It's seasonal so I just ordered more today.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Garlic, black pepper, brown mustard, hot sauce (different varieties depending on the dish), adobo, bbq sauce, and cayenne pepper are the regular rotation.
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon! I put it in my breakfast every morning! :smile: And parsley and garlic for savory! :love:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Garlic, black pepper, brown mustard, hot sauce (different varieties depending on the dish), adobo, bbq sauce, and cayenne pepper are the regular rotation.

I need to try adobo. That guy up there, Beast_Lee, told me about it. :smile:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Cumin. Cilantro.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I need to try adobo. That guy up there, Beast_Lee, told me about it. :smile:

Adobo is like Frank's Red Hot... I put that s**t of everything!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    This not exactly a condiment but we hot and cold smoke a lot of our food. Cold smoked butter and cheese are fabulous and as far as I know, smoke has no calories. I :heart: my smoker!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I just put hot sauce on everything.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like to experiment with nutmeg on sweet and savory dishes. :heart:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    garlic goes in just about everything. I use Italian seasoning and olive oil when sauteing my chicken. I add Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper to hamburger helper. (Married to an Italian lol)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    White truffle oil
    Truffle sea salt
    Ground dried porcini
    Capers
    Espelette
    Herbes de Provence
    Fennel pollen
    Basil infused extra virgin olive oil
    Harissa