Will I gain weight eating entire container of ice cream?

Options

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I know, it's so much easier to just eat the whole thing and call it done. :)
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think the bigger question here is just HOW long have you had this container of ice cream? I keep visualizing the OP approaching the freezer with a spoon and then backing away, hour after hour, day after day....

Well, I haven't opened it yet because I'm figuring out how much to eat~
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    2ufapvl.jpg
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    I think the bigger question here is just HOW long have you had this container of ice cream? I keep visualizing the OP approaching the freezer with a spoon and then backing away, hour after hour, day after day....

What happens with cereal? Or yogurt? Or ANYthing?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Eat all the ice cream.
  • Wingg_
    Options
    I believe I don't a goal to loss 1 lbs... Okay, so I weight the entire container of ice cream in clouding the container? Cause it's quite impossible to dig everything out, then I divide by 4 so I will eat only a serving...

No, not including the container. And no, it's not impossible to get the whole lot out of the container to weigh it, if you're that desperate to weigh it.

Knife. Cut in to 4. Spoon out 1/4. Done.

Well, I was thinking of this as well cutting it into 4...
  • Wingg_
    Options

I do eat them! Almost daily!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    *ties running shoes and heads out*
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

How do you measure those?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Did you not bother to search the database?

There are plenty of entries for haagen dazs green tea icecream, 250cals....102g.

Perhaps check there next time before starting world war 3, and potentially 4!
  • Wingg_
    Options
    Well, I need to on my air-conditioner now. It's so hot here... *grabs remote*
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So although I understand that it's all about calories in vs calories out. I only gain weight if I eat more than my maintenance cal. The entire container of Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream is 250cal per serving, 1 container has got 4 servings so I'll be eating a 1000cal which is within my maintenance cal, so does this really means that I will not gain weight? Have anyone tried? I am only eating the entire container of ice cream because I can't really figure how much is a serving of the ice cream, so as some suggested I am gonna eat the entire thing so that at least I know for sure I have eaten 1000cal. Will I really not gain weight?!

26078614.jpg
  • Wingg_
    Options

There are plenty of entries for haagen dazs green tea icecream, 250cals....102g.

I've just went to double check the nutrition data on the container, it says net weight/ net vol :392g/473ml
    4 servings. Serving size: 118ml, 260cal. and not what i found in MFP. OMG.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No, you won't gain weight. No screwing up your macros just once won't cause you any harm. But I imagine it won't leave you a lot of room for other food.
  • Wingg_
    Options

The nutrition infos are in grams so I can easily use the digital scale to weight them.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Okay well, the easy way to do this is to do the math.

One container is a pint - that's two cups (16 ounces).

So if there are four servings, that means each serving is a 1/2 cup (four ounces).

So just measure out a half cup and there's your serving.

I did it this way when I was new but I've learned that fluid ounces don't necessarily translate when you're eating a solid food because different foods have different densities. If I'm eating half a cup of popcorn it won't weigh the same as half a cup of peanut butter.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I've just went to double check the nutrition data on the container, it says net weight/ net vol :392g/473ml
    4 servings. Serving size: 118ml, 260cal. and not what i found in MFP. OMG.

So a serving is 98 grams. (392/4)

And yes, the info in MFP's database isn't always accurate because it's user-entered. Always double-check.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The nutrition infos are in grams so I can easily use the digital scale to weight them.

And so does the ice cream according to your post above. I am not sure why you are having an issue with this.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    The ice cream serving (like a serving of fluids) is given in ml, which is a measure of volume. You can convert ml to cups using the google. 118 ml = 0.5 cups. Do you have measuring cups?
  • Wingg_
    Options
    The ice cream serving (like a serving of fluids) is given in ml, which is a measure of volume. You can convert ml to cups using the google. 118 ml = 0.5 cups. Do you have measuring cups?

Do I just scoop the ice cream into the cup? or is it only accurate to do that when it's in liquid form?...