Will I gain weight eating entire container of ice cream?

Options

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    The ice cream serving (like a serving of fluids) is given in ml, which is a measure of volume. You can convert ml to cups using the google. 118 ml = 0.5 cups. Do you have measuring cups?

Do I just scoop the ice cream into the cup? or is it only accurate to do that when it's in liquid form?...

Yes, just scoop it frozen. There are 2 cups total in the container and there are 4 servings, so each serving is 0.5 cups which is the equivalent of 118 ml. If ml is a confusing unit of measure, just convert it into cups.
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The ice cream serving (like a serving of fluids) is given in ml, which is a measure of volume. You can convert ml to cups using the google. 118 ml = 0.5 cups. Do you have measuring cups?

Do I just scoop the ice cream into the cup? or is it only accurate to do that when it's in liquid form?...

Yes, just scoop it frozen. There are 2 cups total in the container and there are 4 servings, so each serving is 0.5 cups which is the equivalent of 118 ml. If ml is a confusing unit of measure, just convert it into cups.

After scooping do that press it down or just leave gaps in between?? I'm really unsure about using measuring cups... I don't normally use it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I know several people who eat ice cream a pint at a time. It's not a problem at all, as long as it's more along the lines of a pint a week, and not a pint a day.
    damn. i guess i've been doing it wrong. :ohwell:
    Well, I personally average about a pint a day, but it's not a general recommendation I give, because not everyone needs to eat 3000 cals a day. :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Or you could look above where I told you it's 98 grams based on the package info you provided.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

After scooping do that press it down or just leave gaps in between?? I'm really unsure about using measuring cups... I don't normally use it.

TrollDetected.gif
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    I reallly still don't believe this is a serious thread...just sayin'
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1000 cals is your maintenance goal….sayyyyy whhaaaatttt???

whoops..mis read..1000 is within maintenance my bad…

OP one serving is a quarter cup …just put some ice cream in a quarter cup and proceed to eat….

if 1000 is below maintenance then you won't gain…

if this is a serious thread, then my name is Santa Claus…but hey, it is christmas!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I believe I don't a goal to loss 1 lbs... Okay, so I weight the entire container of ice cream in clouding the container? Cause it's quite impossible to dig everything out, then I divide by 4 so I will eat only a serving...

whaaaaaat? LOL…

OP - take the whole container and put it on your head..this will determine the amount of calories that go directly to your brain...
  • Wingg_
    Wingg_ Posts: 395 Member
    Options

OP one serving is a quarter cup …just put some ice cream in a quarter cup and proceed to eat….

if this is a serious thread, then my name is Santa Claus…but hey, it is christmas!

Do i press the ice cream down or not?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I think the bigger question here is just HOW long have you had this container of ice cream? I keep visualizing the OP approaching the freezer with a spoon and then backing away, hour after hour, day after day....

Well, I haven't opened it yet because I'm figuring out how much to eat~

What happens with cereal? Or yogurt? Or ANYthing?

I do eat them! Almost daily!

How do you measure those?

OP cuts the box into fourths ….
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    filionwaitwhat.gif

Perfect.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Have you seen what happened to your last thread?

Exactly this.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Do i press the ice cream down or not?

yes, take a presser and press it down as hard as you can..this squeezes out the excess calories and you actually will only have 750 calories as opposed to 1000…winning!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    TROLLS_zps7375ec22.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Put bowl on scale and zero it.

Empty the entire container into the bowl.

Divide this number by 4 to get how much one serving weighs.

Write this number down so you don't forget it.

Put all of the ice cream back in the container and then weigh out one serving.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hey...I thought it was a good excuse lol

:laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Our scholastic math classes are obviously failing when you hear questions like this one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    whaaaaaat_zpsc28d5d28.gif

(hey, I get to use some gif's)

Enjoy your ice cream !
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I reallly still don't believe this is a serious thread...just sayin'

lol..

Either that , which im gearing towards, or she is a very sheltered, naive 18 yr old.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Have you seen what happened to your last thread?

Just for the record... My response, while mathematically sound, was not a serious recommendation to the OP. :smile: