Shocking High Calories in small bags of nuts

Options
13»

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I was about to eat 150g plain salted peanuts (It's only just over a handful), but thought Ill just log it on MFP before I eat them so I don't forget, to my shock nearly 950 calories if I consume that little bag.

So glad I logged before I ate, I discarded the peanuts and deleted my log entity cause I decided not to eat them.

Things like these existing just make me feel angry and how people can comsume them all day and not gain a single ounce.

Great job logging your meals in advance in order to make decisions leading to achieving your goals!

That being said I don't see any reason why you should feel angry. You made the right decision for yourself. Other people have different goals. Perhaps other people like nuts more than you and don't mind getting a large percentage of their fat and sodium macro and micro nutrient targets from one snack.

Frequently I consume large quantities of cashews, pecans and walnuts. I would have no problem fitting that many calories (and those fat and sodium levels) into my daily meal plan on occasion and I am not a big guy. I just exercise a lot.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was about to eat 150g plain salted peanuts (It's only just over a handful), but thought Ill just log it on MFP before I eat them so I don't forget, to my shock nearly 950 calories if I consume that little bag.

So glad I logged before I ate, I discarded the peanuts and deleted my log entity cause I decided not to eat them.

Things like these existing just make me feel angry and how people can comsume them all day and not gain a single ounce.

Great job logging your meals in advance in order to make decisions leading to achieving your goals!

That being said I don't see any reason why you should feel angry. You made the right decision for yourself. Other people have different goals. Perhaps other people like nuts more than you and don't mind getting a large percentage of their fat and sodium macro and micro nutrient targets from one snack.

Frequently I consume large quantities of cashews, pecans and walnuts. I would have no problem fitting that many calories (and those fat and sodium levels) into my daily meal plan on occasion and I am not a big guy. I just exercise a lot.

Me too, but raw almonds, pistachios, and cashews are my top 3. Walnuts do a weird acidy chalky puckery thing to my mouth when I eat too many. Pecans are great though, but I blew through those way too fast to justify buying more. They are the perfect texture to just eat a bunch with no stopping, unlike the harder raw almonds that I have to give up when my chewing gets tired or pistachios that require work to get at.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Rubbish, or the 'other' people perhaps just don't scoff a load of other rubbish at the same time
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you discarded a perfectly good bag of nuts.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Proves/disproves the OP's theory of not gaining an ounce?

NCDH35p.gif