Tattoos - How Many is Too Many?

Options
I have 9 myself, most can be easily concealed if I choose to.
The only one that really shows is te one on my wrist.

Obviously the acceptance of tattoos is still a fine line in the work place.. but beyond that .. at what point does it become excessive to you?

... discuss

If you'd like to share your tattoo story of something you have .. please do

Replies

• Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for them but I do believe in freedom of expression.

As long as they are covered, I'm okay with them. If a female has too many tats or piercings that are highly conspicuous, don't know I can date that person.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    What is it that bothers you about them ?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, and would like a bunch more. But I'm not a fan of tattoos on necks, heads, faces, or hands.
  • Dr_Flo
    Options
    I love tattoos, and would like a bunch more. But I'm not a fan of tattoos on necks, heads, faces, or hands.

I would agree with you there ..

I think there's plenty of places that you can put a tattoo and still have it be able to be concealed if you needed to.

In or around the ears kinda bothers me too
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options

I'm just a bit old school, I don't think that the body should have markings on them. They are fine if others want to get them but it's never really been anything I'm interested in doing. The same applies to piercings (unless it's ears) or even branding. A good buddy of mine belongs to a fraternity and has this huge a## brand on his right shoulder. Ouch!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    when I get inked, there's no way I'm concealing it.
    Don't like it, look away :tongue:
  • Dr_Flo
    Options

I'm just a bit old school, I don't think that the body should have markings on them. They are fine if others want to get them but it's never really been anything I'm interested in doing. The same applies to piercings (unless it's ears) or even branding. A good buddy of mine belongs to a fraternity and has this huge a## brand on his right shoulder. Ouch!

I can relate to what you're saying.
    Personally, I dont mind if a chick has tattoos .. but there's is a point where it becomes excessive.
    I guess it really depends on the individual.
    If it nicely done, or put together well .. it doesnt really bug me.

Its when they have them all randomly placed and look like they were done by someone with a paperclip in their basement .. that's when I dont like it.

Do it right, or not at all .. thats kind of my opnion.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options

Personally, I dont mind if a chick has tattoos .. but there's is a point where it becomes excessive.

Its when they have them all randomly placed and look like they were done by someone with a paperclip in their basement .. that's when I dont like it.

Exactly. I agree 100%. Sometimes less is more.
  • Dr_Flo
    Options

So the color on the nose is permanent ? :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Options

HELL YA! Don't look at my nose!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    the color on my nose is permanent too. lmao!
  • Dr_Flo
    Options

I cant look away ... :laugh: :drinker:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    To each his own, I guess. As long as they're tasteful and done well, it doesn't really matter to me. I have 8 and all can be concealed, but I have an icthys on my wrist that is always visible. I'm a woman and I'd like more, but I'm waiting till I hit my goal bf% before I get more.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Yes.

I'm not really a fan of tattoos but I have friends who have them -- one has a really big one on his back that's cool -- and I can appreciate them. I don't like it when someone is completely inked, like head to toe inked.

I don't have any myself (obviously) but I am pierced and I'm thinking of getting more piercings at some point, just trying to figure out where. I do want to get dermals on my back dimples at some point too. Saw a gal who had those and they looked really sexy.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

I cant look away ... :laugh: :drinker:
    I plead the fifth!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It depends on the placement and what kind of tattoos. One is fine. I'm not really keen on several random (especially if they're not well drawn) tattoos on different places. However, if they're well designed and thought out, then I like large coverage (full sleeves etc). That's purely based on personal taste of course, and what I think looks nice. I don't actually care what tattoos people choose to have.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have 9 myself, most can be easily concealed if I choose to.
    The only one that really shows is te one on my wrist.

Obviously the acceptance of tattoos is still a fine line in the work place.. but beyond that .. at what point does it become excessive to you?

... discuss

If you'd like to share your tattoo story of something you have .. please do

It doesn't become excessive to me. What bothers me are lots of bad tattoos. I worked with someone who had tons of ink on her, a lot of it visible, but they were all bad. They all had been done by her husband, which clearly had no idea what he was doing.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. :smile:
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have 5 - all of which can be concealed if I choose. For me - I like the option of showing them or not when I want to.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you're hot, you're hot. If you're a long haired, stinky person, you probably have tattoos.