Steak ideas for tonight please

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Try this…
    I use a cast iron grill pan when I can’t cook on the grill.
    Put a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil in the pan, I add sprigs of fresh Rosemary, fresh Tarragon and Kosher salt and whatever else smells good at the time.( Maybe some finely shaved garlic but I don’t do it often as it sometimes is overpowering.)
    Heat the pan and place the steaks in it and cover the pan, the lid lets the steam from the seasonings come back down on top of the meat and more evenly season it. Turn the steak once, sometimes I then place the herbs on top of the steak and maybe spoon some of the drippings on the meat.
    I cook with temperature not time so when it’s getting close I place a temp probe into it and when it hits 115-117degF I take it out of the pan and let it rest for 3-5 minutes. (Medium rare ish)
    Enjoy…

Edit: I forgot to mention that a lot of time I use baked or mashed sweet potatoes as a side dish and if I'm feeling especially frisky I break open some green beans that I canned and fix those also!

We're always told to only turn steak once - Heston Blumenthal recommends flipping lots and lots, look up his method to cook a steak. Seriously the best steak we've ever cooked!
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If cooked right, not a lot needed on it. I add a little Mccormicks

0005210057007_A?$img_size_380x380$

I used to make bad steaks. After a little research, I can honestly say I make one of the best steaks I have ever had. It is all about the prep and way you cook it, not the stuff you add to it.