Do You Log Tea?

Options
Hello!

I have stopped and started keeping a food diary so many times, it is kind of embarrassing. This time, I am going into it more seriously and plan on sticking to it.

That being written, do you log your tea? Do you put it under a cup of water or do you actually add it to your Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner logs?

Replies

• tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My tea has no calories...so no I do not log it.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I log mine. (& milk separately when I put that in!).

Partly b/c my tea consumption sometimes gets out of hand, and b/c I'm now drinking different kinds of tea, some caffeinated & some not.

From a weight loss perspective, I don't honestly think it matters if it's 0 calories (as tm82001 points out).

I'm just a data junkie :bigsmile:

ETA: correct typo
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I do, but only because I view it as a healthy habit that I'm trying to build. It makes me happy and more motivated to drink it if I log it as its own entry (under the category "Drinks" that I made). However, for just calorie tracking there isn't any reason that you would need to log it!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have a separate section for "Drinks" and I put it there... but I really have no clue why. It has no calories. I don't keep track of my water intake because I know I get enough.
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It depends. I have some tea recipes that I entered, my morning bulletproof tea gets logged because it contains ingredients that have calories and fat. The herbals I drink iced throughout the day get logged under water.
  • Quietusx
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments! I will stick with logging my teas as water as long as they are herbal and don't have anything extra added to them.

Happy New Year! =)
  • heystephie
    heystephie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I log my green tea even though there are zero calories. For water I log it separately under 'water consumption' :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have calories or nutrients that I'm tracking then I don't bother logging it. I've never logged tea
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Only if I put honey in it which has a lot more cals than I imagined.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I log mine under my water, and I also log it under my snacks section, because I put milk in it, so it has calories (as well as protein and potassium, both of which I track). I don't stress out if I forget though.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I did log it at first, but it has 0 cals...so I stopped (just one extra click I was too lazy to do). I do log the 1/2 tblspn of honey though, b/c that's 30+ cals right there. I also don't log coffee (it's like 5 cals), but I do log milk or almond milk I use in it.

I'm kinda a recovering coffee-a-holic. Logging makes me a little obsessive, so I didn't want my coffee obsession to get out-of-hand again; which is weird, b/c you would think it would be the opposite.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't. I don't count it as water, either, because I only log water as water. Not a big deal to me either way, that's just how I do it.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, it gets logged. If it doesn't, it remains your dirty little secret. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My tea doesn't have calories, but I log it anyway for future reference. Plus, I like to add a teaspoon of honey with it. :)
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I log it. I don't count it as my water because I add honey and lemon and sometimes peppermint. But I do log it just so that I have an accurate assessment of what I ate that day. If anything changes with my mood, sleep patterns, appetite, etc. logging everything helps me narrow down what I may have eaten to cause the change. Tea can have caffeine and that can affect alot of different things also.
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I log caffeinated tea, but don't bother with the herbals. Because honestly, hot water and sticks and leaves... meh. Can't be that bad. :)
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I log tea, mainly because I put some lemon juice and honey in my tea as well and those have calories, very few, but they still have calories.

I log just about everything. The only things I don't log are stuff like gum and cough drops, but I don't even have those very often.
  • dorrymc
    Options
    I know my tea has no calories. Hence I don't log it. If I did I know I would feel very very sad. Life is too short :ohwell:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    If it does not contain sugar or caffeine, I count it as water:)
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i only drink unsweetened iced tea, and I log it as water since it has no calories and is basically water anyway. If it has no calories, I'd count it as water but if you add stuff to it count that