you're 5'6", what's your goal weight?

Options
I'm 5'6" and 135lbs right now, but I'm thinking about dropping my goal weight to 120-125lbs.
What's your goal weight? what feels best?
:)

Replies

• britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Right now, my goal weight is 135. That's subject to change though, depending on how I feel/how I look when I get closer to it. I have a larger frame so it might look sickly and I might stick to 145 but I've never been below 155 so I don't know yet! Haha
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm 139 (without fluctuations). I have my tracker set to 130, but really, I'll see how I feel about myself when I get there.

120-125 was always good for me... But, that was before I had a kid. So, I don't know if I'll be able to get back there without looking... Off.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    My goal was originally 115, but I'm at 118-120 and fine with that. I'm not really trying to lose anymore, but may go for the extra 3lbs come bikini season.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    SW 170s
    Original Goal weight 135
    CW (in maintenance) 117.5-121lbs
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started at 135 and set a goal for 125, but then my body slowly kept losing until I leveled out around 119-121. I have a small frame and feel like this is good for me. I do feel a bit "squishy" though so I want to focus more on strength training.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I started at 231. My goal is 154. I would love 140 but I'm just trying to keep myself in reality.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Already hit it - 148lb...and it's only that low to stay in a weight class...otherwise, low 150's (at the same BF% as I currently am at 148lb).
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You all look brilliant!! It's kind of amazing how we can be the same height, and all carry weight so differently.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5", and my goal weight is 152 lbs. I started at 237 lbs. I am currently at 179 lbs. A doctor at a weight loss clinic told me my goal weight should be in the 150 lbs range. I recently purchased a scale that measures body fat, too. My current BF % is about 41; I hope to get it down to 33% or less. Had the doctor not told me otherwise, I'd have probably set my goal at around 130 lbs.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    Goal. 135-140 Both look good on me.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    130-135 is my goal weight. Now that I have a lot more muscle than I used to, I seem to be heavier. There's a site, incidentally, where you can see what different people look like at the same weight and height as you. It's mybodygallery.com. I think there's another one, too. Good luck and go for whatever size feels healthy and happy to you! :drinker:
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am 5,6 and right now my goal is 160 but I will adjust when i reach it. The thinnest I have been in my adult life is 148 and I would love to be there again but it was hard to maintain. With he help of Mfp I am hoping maintenance will be easier. Long way to go still!!
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started in the 170s. I'm in the 150 to 155 range now. I seem to be gaining muscle and not losing a lot of weight right now. My original goal was around 140. I'm not sure if I need to go that low now. It just depends how my *kitten* shapes up and if my belly gets a little flatter. I carry weight low on my body (pear) and I don't want to get skinny at all. I think 130s is too low for me.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's looking like it will be about 147-148 or so. I'm large framed and like muscle, so I'm not tiny but solid at that weight :)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Before having my two children 118lbs was a comfortable weight for me. I'm 5'6 in height.

I have a few pounds to go but feel happy with my appearance so may never shed those last few pounds..
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is whatever is healthy and feels best.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight, just a bf% goal, which is the low 20's. If I continue to lift and can hold onto (or gain, pretty please?!) my LBM, then I can hopefully have that at a weight in the 140's. My size range I'm shooting for is 4-6. So, as heavy as I can be at a bf% in the low 20's. I'm 5'3, so a bit shorter than you guys :flowerforyou:
  • gehaigler
    Options
    I feel better when I weigh 125-130. Anything less than that for me is too thin. Having hard time around holiday!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    this is really weird, what if you have a big booty,large hips,or huge breasts????
    you cant just go by height,body shape and genes has alot to do with it too!
  • TheVattz
    TheVattz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 170. I wanna lose as much body fat as I can and pack on some muscle.
    I wanna sprint hard, and lift harder. I wanna have muscles that show and actually enjoy taking my shirt off.

....Sadly I'm INCREDIBLY far from that body. Sometimes I wonder if I'll even see it in the mirror someday. I worry often that age will catch up to me. Or that I'll spend the rest of my years never once feeling attractive, desirable and worthwhile.

Guess I should get in my pills car and take a drive on Welbutrin street. :laugh: :laugh: :cry: