Starting all over again 1/1/2014

Options
1235»

Replies

• AshleyPorter1003
    AshleyPorter1003 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too.... after many failed attempts!! Feel free to add me : )
  • athena1779
    athena1779 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. I thought I was going to start on "January 1, 2014," as well, but then I thought "Why wait? Start today." That was a couple of days ago. I fall off the wagon every now and then and get right back on the next day. So, what I need is motivation from others, even if they are strangers, or "virtual" friends. My husband has also decided to do something about himself as well. We will each go it our own ways, whatever works for each of us, but we will both do something. Mine is portion control, calorie cutting, lower fat, reduce sugar and carbs, increase weights/circuit training. His will be less eating out, more "packed lunches," more veggies.

Good luck to all who have decided to grab the reigns today.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have plans on New Year's Eve and that's the delay of getting started BUT...........There is no time like the present to start a healthy lifestyle!! 'Diets' have fixed dates on the calendar, a holiday comes along and you freak out OMG I have to 'cheat' on my 'diet'. Make this a lifestyle! If most of your days are spent eating healthy and exercising a handful of holidays where you indulge are not going to matter.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO START TODAY, RIGHT NOW.
  • slimnfit613
    slimnfit613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting over again too! Feel free to add me as well. Need all the motivation and friends along this journey. ;)
  • Kahud48
    Kahud48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me too, I started over again 12 days ago. So far I have lost 12 pounds (would be fluid most likely).
    My weigh in days are Wednesday and I did slip up on that, I weighed today :) LOL!

It is so sad that it takes a health scare to actually put the fear of God into you to get you started (in my case) when I have known all along that I needed too. No one had to tell me that, my body was doing a decent job of crying that message out to me loud and clear,
    I just wasn't wanting to listen.
  • kornmann
    kornmann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I cannot say "starting over' I say a continuation of what I want to accomplish. I didn't gain over holidays, but that being said I didn't lose either... so continue on I will go.
  • clrgarcia
    Options
    Hi! I started with myfitnesspal two years ago at the beginning of 2012. I lost 20 lbs, which was pretty nice. However, it not being my first rodeo with weight loss and having some new health issues, I was finding it difficult to have the determination to follow through, and ended up gaining back 12 lbs of it over the rest of that year. Last year at the beginning of 2013, I set a goal to lose 40 lbs over the year -- 10 lbs every three months -- but didn't really get serious about it until May. I started working out with the Jillian Michaels 90-day Body Revolution, got a FitBit One and started tracking everything on that app and myfitnesspal. Many of these apps sync with each other and are so easy to use. I have found that tracking calories in/out has been extremely helpful, maybe the most helpful for me. I've lost 50 lbs this year, surpassed my weight loss goal by 10 lbs, and down 5 dress sizes. I have a mountain of clothes in my bedroom that no longer fit and that are on their way to the local women's shelter.

The first thing you need is to get your mind set on reaching your goals and that fitness and health are more important than being thin.
  • Kahud48
    Kahud48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amen! Well put!