Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are sick..

drink fluids and rest.

This.

The recommendation for diarrhea is usually BRAT, banana, rice, applesauce and toast. Pretty much anything bland and avoiding lots of sugars and fats.

*I am not a doctor nor do I claim to have medical knowledge, that is just always the course of action I was told. Seems to work for me. Always consult a physician.

ETA- your smoothie would have had a ton of sugar in it which certainly wouldn't help the situation.

Oh, and yogurt is recommended too.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You might have piles.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Webmd says Brain tumor..or upset stomach. I would go with both.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Malaria
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Malaria

That too
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Always go with Webmd. Always.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You have eating a lot of sugar and fibre in your shake. I guess it is speeding up the bodies natural detox process. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids, water mostly, but electrolytes if you feel dehydrated.

No.

no x 10

This calls for exponents.

Do you guys not consider that a lot of fruit in one go? I am not sure if the op is actually vomiting , but if she is that's even more concerning. I will also admit I have little understanding of the supplement she mentioned and whether they could cause the upset stomach. Generally for myself eating that much fruit would cause a rumble in my stomach, and possible pains. After a few days of eating more food than normally that would also happen. Basically I would have the ****s and not want to be far from a bathroom. Drinking too much alcohol and food poisoning or illness can cause the same issues. To me diarrhoea is the body getting rid off ('detoxing') whatever is upsetting it. If there is fever involved, and or the op can't keep down fluids, I would be extremely concerned.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    duh.

no more smoothies.

stick with the diet sunkist.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Your smoothie was fine, OP, but next time, don't drink so much water right after. Unless you've been working out or sweating a lot, that much water at once isn't necessary. If possible, space out some of your supplements too. Unless your doctor told you to, you can probably stop supplementing Vitamin C and save some money.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Your smoothie was fine, OP, but next time, don't drink so much water right after. Unless you've been working out or sweating a lot, that much water at once isn't necessary. If possible, space out some of your supplements too. Unless your doctor told you to, you can probably stop supplementing Vitamin C and save some money.

^ ignore this.

your smoothie is the culprit.

never, ever, under any circumstances drink another smoothie. ever. your life depends on it! *very serious face*
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Always go with Webmd. Always.

Well one thing is for sure -

3362687052_3336ce08ef_m.jpg
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    So to clarify, you ate a whole bunch of fruit + vitamin C tab + 12 glasses of water on an empty stomach and you're surprised that you have a stomach upset?
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    You might have a yeast infection.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

^ ignore this.

your smoothie is the culprit.

never, ever, under any circumstances drink another smoothie. ever. your life depends on it! *very serious face*

You should probably take this advice, OP. Send me your smoothies instead, I've built up a tolerance, I'll be safe.
  • dorrymc
    Options
    Just when we are feeling well and really proud of ourselves along comes the gut problems to remind us who's really in charge.................... Sorry, can empathise totally. It's awful, painful & draining. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy a return to good health, fitness and weightloss :)
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    OP, every time I re-read your post, I find more fruit sugar and more liquids. I know you don't want to, but go eat something salty, fatty, and with some protein in it. If you can't stomach the fat and protein, at least have something with sodium.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mj9fj8b6pi1qz4rgp.gif
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are sick..

drink fluids and rest.

This.

The recommendation for diarrhea is usually BRAT, banana, rice, applesauce and toast. Pretty much anything bland and avoiding lots of sugars and fats.

*I am not a doctor nor do I claim to have medical knowledge, that is just always the course of action I was told. Seems to work for me. Always consult a physician.

ETA- your smoothie would have had a ton of sugar in it which certainly wouldn't help the situation.

Oh, and yogurt is recommended too.

Agree with the bland food especially the dry toast, rice and yoghurt (plain unflavoured). You may not be able to stomach the banana or Apple sauce at the moment. Have you any lucosade or anything to replace lost salts (a watered down sports drink might do it) or coconut water?
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mj9fj8b6pi1qz4rgp.gif

Well, that is good news!!!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    If there is fever involved, and or the op can't keep down fluids, I would be extremely concerned.

I think OP's body is drowning in fluids right now, and that's why it is expelling it. You're right, though, that if there is fever and vomiting or even if there's not and if this persists, she should visit the doctor.