Juicing... Your thoughts!

Options
124»

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the whole fruit or veggie and get the fiber as well as all the nutrients?

+1
  • roadster_nic
    roadster_nic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I have done so many "faddy" diets, not too dissimilar to this one, where I have had great results but gained it back again (and some) as soon as I start eating 'real' food again. And that's just sticking to a balanced diet afterwards.

I agree with many others on here - just learn to cut your calorie, fat (bad fat) and sugar intake instead. The results are slower but you'll keep it off.

It's just taken me sooooo long to realise this myself!!
  • hardworker92
    Options
    Honestly juicing isn't horrible for you if done in moderation and paired with a healthy diet ex. 1-2 a day . I do have to admit that it does clear your face up nicely and make you feel wonderful .

However.... I would NEVER recommend somebody to do a full on juice diet . It can actually cause harm to your system . A couple of months ago I attempted a juice diet and thought it was a great idea . Though after about 20 days of the diet I realised I actually started losing muscle .. not cool .. At the time I couldn't curl more than 5 lbs :frown: .... not only that but the diet also messed up my female system for a good two months . I am currently back with my personal trainer trying to get everything back to normal . Also keep in mind that a juice diet is a pure quick fix ... you WILL gain the weight back unless you are on a very strict diet .
  • jaynalani
    jaynalani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with Matt. Juicing is replacing a meal. There is no need to replace a perfectly healthy meal, when your body will also use calories to digest the meal. Of course, if you're going to eat a pound of pasta and your other option is a 'juice,' then by all means juice. However, juicing to lose weight...no. Stick to exercise and write what you bite.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? Just eat the damn fruit.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a juicer and I use it occasionally because I like juice. It is expensive though so maybe once every couple of months I'll make a carrot, apple, beet and strawberry juice. Its not a diet or lifestyle...its just occasional juice that tastes good.
  • novauser
    novauser Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz show right now ( repeat of "juicerexia from 2013) is about these juice cleanses. He shows that they are incredibly dangerous especially for women....says that it melts away your water and muscle weight...and the most damaging aspect of that is that it is proven that these long term juicing cleanses literally melts away your heart, the most important muscle in your body. it disintegrates and shrinks and people die from the heart problems from no nourishment.
    The psychologist that they had on with him says that it is an eating disorder that women get caught up in and it is crash dieting.

ETA: I juice daily...but as a supplement to a healthy eating...not as a meal replacement or as a sole sustenance. I feel great having the juice in my body...no question. But it is not a way of life.