Eating the same foods everyday

Options
2»

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    One big problem I have is that I'm now alone, so when I bother cooking a side, or opening a can of beans, I tend to eat off it for days, because come on, making a quinoa pilaff for one... is much harder than making it for 4 or 6.
    I freeze my sides in snack-sized freezer containers. After a while, I have a great variety to choose from.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast everyday, too! Recently I added to it 2 small tangerinees and it's great. I don't know why, but I feel good when I eat something that I know FOR SURE that's healthy. And I feel full.
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im exactly the same, eggs and toast for breakfast and maybe oatmeal with flax for breakfast once or twice a week but then on those days I still have toast and eggs for dinner! Also always eat chicken and pasta too. I just find it easy to eat the same things. I will vary the fruits every day though to make sure Im getting some good micronutrients and vitams etc.

What I do is eat the same for most of the week and have a couple of days where I mix it up. On one of those days I eat at around my TDEE cals so I can fit in more for variety and not get bored. On this day I will usually eat frozen nuggets, vegetable burgers and some treats. It helps me stay disciplined a lot for the rest of the week if I have these days.