Replies

• fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    lol at p90x, progression overload ftw

Don't be ignorant!
  • sj_0803
    Options
    I am looking to begin p90x3! I'd LOVE to join your accountability group! Otherwise...I don't stay focused! Ha! Glad I found this! :)
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am looking to begin p90x3! I'd LOVE to join your accountability group! Otherwise...I don't stay focused! Ha! Glad I found this! :)

Welcome aboard!

Finished my 7.3-mile run, the last long run before my half marathon in New Orleans. The temperature was 58'F which felt like a heatwave compared to the 20s and 30s I had been running in lately. I'm not sure my body was ready for all that warmth!

Cooked a batch of butternut squash soup for the freezer. Still need to cook some chili to store away also. Tilapia and potato for dinner tonight...yum!

Mike
  • chadlemanEureka
    Options
    I have started P90x 3 times and have gotten distracted by life each time. I always have great results when I get going but just can't seem to keep a set schedule. Any advice.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    did my 1st day today. the accelerator. was good but couldn't do not even 1 donkey kick! wondering what the rest will be like! I found i was more out of breath then i was doing t25, loved the slower pace of it compared to t25...
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing so well! And welcome to those just joining us!! I am still checking in on everyone. Keeping busy on the stationary bike/elliptical until I get my knee checked. I had to reschedule my MRI from last week due to the fact I was snowed in :) So as long as that doesn't happen again I will have my MRI Tuesday. As long as things are ok with my knee I will re-start X3 once the Dr gives me the ok.

I get super jealous every time I read how great everyone is doing :tongue: , the bike and elliptical get sooooo boring. I am now waiting for my vegetable soup to get done so I can pack for my lunch for the week, making some salmon for dinner yumyum, then gonna curl up with a good book and my blanket and enjoy the evening!!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! Take care everyone!
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with this too, same time everyday. Oh and put on your workout clothes on when you get home. You're more likely to follow through if you're already in your clothes and ready to go! Good luck, the programs great, stick with it!
    I have started P90x 3 times and have gotten distracted by life each time. I always have great results when I get going but just can't seem to keep a set schedule. Any advice.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Today is Week 2/Day 7, I was working on call for work and had a 15 hour day yesterday so I had to make up and do the warrior this morning and Dynamix I'm doing as soon as I'm off work tonight in another half hour. Still loving the program, even though there's times I barely make it.
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Checking in...

Day 12 Palates X: Still fighting the good fight with this workout. As much as I try...I'm just not as flexible as
    Tony and the Gang. At 7 minutes in, I start to sweat. It just sneaks up on me. I gotta give this workout out its due !!

Day 13 The Incinerator: My decreased soreness in week 2 helped me enjoy this workout alot more. Higher numbers in
    Push ups, chin ups, pikes, and pull ups .......YES.

The days are going by so quickly....can't believe It's almost week 3 . Take care....and it's only 30 minutes(haha) !
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Challenge in week 3 again. Managed to increase to 15/25 (with resistance bands), but arms still turn to jelly in the last few sets. Love it so much that I've switched it with total synergetics to be the start of the week!

As for getting distracted, I make it the very first thing I do in the morning. 30 minutes and I'm ready to take on the day!
  • Koolo18
    Koolo18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this has been discussed before; I am new to this board and am looking for some insight into P90x3. I have completed week 1 and have 2 days completed into week 2. I have been quite disappointed thus far as i have gained 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I don't understand why or how this is happening. I have by no means let my diet go; my husband and I are very aware of our diet and our calorie intake and such. So I am getting upset that i have gained weight steadily since starting P90x3 rather than losing. I again apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm just looking for a little help. Thanks so much!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this has been discussed before; I am new to this board and am looking for some insight into P90x3. I have completed week 1 and have 2 days completed into week 2. I have been quite disappointed thus far as i have gained 4 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I don't understand why or how this is happening. I have by no means let my diet go; my husband and I are very aware of our diet and our calorie intake and such. So I am getting upset that i have gained weight steadily since starting P90x3 rather than losing. I again apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm just looking for a little help. Thanks so much!
    I am on day 6 of the first week, and I today is my weight in day and I gained 1 lb. It is a bit disappointing, but it often happens when you start strength training at the first time. 4lb sounds a lot though.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    whats everyones thoughts on p90x2? i dont think i've talked to a single person that liked it.

its a BB program so i assume it can't be total crap. i'll probably try it someday, but i'm so excited about p90x3 that i think i'm going to jump right in.

I'm either going to get body beast or p90x3 next. need my forearm to heal more tho
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

my advice would be to simply stay off the scale and take the ride.

the scale will automatically cause you to second guess and its really about how you look right?

i'd say give it a full month, and if you not seeing positive results in the mirror and your sure your eating the amount of calories the program perscribes, then i'd consider cutting a few hundred a day
  • chadweaver18
    chadweaver18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Might as well jump in today is my first day with P90x3 I had just done chest and back from P90x the other day and my arms are screaming but what the heck here I go.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! On week 4, day 1!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I completed p90x 2 about a year and a half ago....my memory is a bit foggy. Phase 1 and 2 were much about buliding core
    strength with the stabilty ball and medicine balls. Phase 3 was dominated by P.A.P. Lower and upper......about increasing
    your athleticism. I did like P90x2. I went from modifying big time on the Stability balls/med balls to kicking butt on them !!
  • topseeturve
    topseeturve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of week 3 of phase 2 of P90X3 (in other words, I just started week 7). Mixed feelings on it so far. Have only last 2 pounds but have lost 1 inch in my waist, 2" in my hips, 1.5" in both my my upper arm and lower arm, 1" in my thigh and in my calf. Still wearing the same size as when i started though, but clothes are fitting slightly better. I have been following the nutrition plan as best as possible. Eat a healthy breakfast and prepare all my lunches for the week on Sunday, so I can stay on track. Dinner through the week have been healthy and I try to make better choices in regards to what I'm ordering when we eat out once or twice a week. Overall, I was hoping for a bit more weightless after 6 weeks. I think I'm going to do the original P90X when I complete phase 3. I had amazing results by week 6 when I did it years ago. Unless of course, I'm happy with my P90X3 results after I complete phase 3...
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of week 3 of phase 2 of P90X3 (in other words, I just started week 7). Mixed feelings on it so far. Have only last 2 pounds but have lost 1 inch in my waist, 2" in my hips, 1.5" in both my my upper arm and lower arm, 1" in my thigh and in my calf. Still wearing the same size as when i started though, but clothes are fitting slightly better.

Sounds like great results so far. I'm losing inches around the waist also, even though the weight is not coming off. That can only mean our bodies are toning up. Keep it up.

Mike
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm about half way through week 2, but I'm not following the schedule, the meal plan, logging my numbers, I'm not even weighing myself or taking measurements. I'm pretty busy these days so I just try to do the DVDs in the order on the calendar. I can tell I already seem to be recovering faster and I don't need little breaks as often. My girlfriend has already told me my muscles are bigger. I just wish life wasn't so busy so I could finish it sooner.