P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7, and only have dynamix left for the first week, and I am so glad I choose thas program. I feel awesome.
    It started a bit slow with the over balancy Total Synergistic, but Agility X swept me off my feet and I generally do not like cardio, unless it is biking.

Yoga on the 3rd day was a natural setback for me, because I hate yoga. When I attempted P90x the 90 min yoga was one of the main reason I couldn't bare to finish the program as it is described. P90X3 yoga is bearable because is it only 30 minutes, and also you do not have to hold the poses forever.

The Challenge is just good old pull-ups/ push up rotation very fast. Now 3 days later I am still sore, but in a good way.

CVX was a delight. It is cardio, but not crazy choreography just nice simple movement that makes you sweat like a pig. I did it all the way through with a 5 lb dumbbell, which I am kind of proud :) Especially because I am a 200 lb obese female, and I didn't exercised since I got pregnant with my baby girl, and she is 1 yr old now.

The warrrior was something I never seen, and it was amazing. It kind of a cardio, but it isn't , and it is just plain awesome.
    Although I need to lose a lot of weight , I chose to do the the classic, because I do not like cardio. After seeing the main cardio days, I think I may even do a lean P90x after I finish this one . Who knows?!
    Now I can see that I will finish block 1 with no skipping/changing things. YAY.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm not that big a fan of Agility X, I just don't have enough space for it so many of the moves are kind of awkward. I love The Challenge though.
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im on Day 23 baby!!!! Find me on facebook if you would like to keep in touch better, my X3 peeps!

www.facebook.com/it_must_be_sublime

-Shannon
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ran three miles yesterday. Eccentric Upper today. Another three miles tomorrow The New Orleans half marathon is Sunday, so I am skipping Triometrics and Eccentric Lower this week to avoid any potential leg injury before the run.

Mike
  • eluna5389
    eluna5389 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way about day 1!!! It seemed just to easy. Tomorrow I will see if it gets better. Love this forum! I was trying to create something like this and ended up making a blog with all my meals and wanted recommendations as well.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with p90x3! Period!
  • eluna5389
    Options
    Perhaps we need a recipe thread?
    [/quote]

YESSSSS!!!! Please do. There are no recipes with the program and I am totally not a person who can just throw things together.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Perhaps we need a recipe thread?

YESSSSS!!!! Please do. There are no recipes with the program and I am totally not a person who can just throw things together.

I've been wanting one too!

Mike
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have been debating to buy x3 or not. I did P90X and it was awesome. But now with 4 kids I don't have the time to spend an hour or so for exercise. So is the x3 actually just 30 minutes including the warmup and cooldown? Should I just buy the base package?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have been debating to buy x3 or not. I did P90X and it was awesome. But now with 4 kids I don't have the time to spend an hour or so for exercise. So is the x3 actually just 30 minutes including the warmup and cooldown? Should I just buy the base package?
    Some of them a few minutes longer , but I think the longest video file is 34 or 35 minutes, but includes the 1 minute thing at the beginning when Tony says what equipment needed. Actual workout maybe 30-33 minutes including the short warm ups in this workouts. There is a a 14 minutes coolstart DVD for extra warmup if you need it. If you workout at early morning right after getting out of bed, and you are stiff, you may need to spend that additional time to warm up. I workout at evening right after I put the kids into bed, and for me th short warmup included in the regular DVDs are sufficient.

I think most people buys just the base package. The other more expensive packages have one more DVD with 3 workouts, which are not part of any of the 90 days program ( classic, lean, mass, double). That extra DVD comes with an extra 30 days program, for more variety I guess. But if you finish one schedule, you can try an other one , so I think it will be a looog way before you get bored and need extra variety.

The more expensive packages have things like resistance bands, recovery drinks , yoga mat, the most expensive one has pull up bar and pull up assists thing. On the website , you can check what is exactly in those packages. Unless you would buy those equipments anyway, those packages are waste of money, imho. If you did P90X before, you probably have all the equipment you need for P90x3.
  • eluna5389
    Options

I don't think it's the workout that is time consuming. It's the food! With five meals a day and figuring how many carbs/protein/fat you need and all the calculating it because time consuming. They say that diet is the most important with these programs and I totally believe it. I am on day 2 of the workout but day 3 of my diet and lost 3 lbs already!!! It's so worth the time.
  • phatman007
    Options
    I started classic P90X3 Jan. 13th. I am on my third week. The only thing is I do not do it on the weekends - The Warrior/ Dynamix. Do you think that missing those two days is really going to hurt my results?
  • eluna5389
    Options
    So just finished day 2 of P90x3. Agility X is no joke! I was doubtful after the first video but not anymore!! I also did Pilates with my friend that I work out with 3 times a week.

I don't think that it will hurt you to skip weekend if your diet is on point. I am on day 2 of the program but day 3 of the diet and lost 3 pounds so it's a huge factor.

For anyone that is curious about meals and such check out my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/eluna5389

I've included my daily meals and just my thoughts :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I second this! Best workout ever; fun, quick, efficient. Couldn't ask for more.
    I'm in love with p90x3! Period!
  • marisct8
    marisct8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am on week 1 day 3 of P90X. I still don't love it, but I hope to get to really enjoy it.

I finished T25 in October, and then trained for a half-marathon that I finished on January 19th. I actually gained weight with the half-marathon training (and the holidays) so I really want to lose them. I am doing the classic option because I get enough cardio with my running. I also started cleaning up my diet which is my biggest problem
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Hi All,

Starting in earnest this Friday the 31st. Looking forward to it.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump starting tonight after school!! Right when i get home at 10:30pm! No Excuses!!
  • Butrovich
    Options

For anyone that is curious about meals and such check out my blog http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/eluna5389

I've included my daily meals and just my thoughts :)

Got it bookmarked in case you mention a meal I HAVE to try out. Thanks.

Mike
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Checking in.. Day 15: Total Synergistics: If some workout days are diamonds, I was a lump of coal. However I
    did get it done. Even the 3rd time through, I'm surprised at how sore I am afterward...even with a cool down.

Day16: Agility X: Flip the switch, ready to sling some sweat ! Boy this workout is fun....just over 400 calories burned
    in 30 minutes. Doing "Mass" so this workout won't be around as much...I will miss it.

Day 17: Yoga X: I really enjoy this workout. The 30 minutes goes by so fast. The perfect prep for The challange on Thursday.
    Oh my 2 numbers hmmm...

1st week: 6 pull-ups 25 push-ups
    2nd week: 7 and 28
    This week....I'm going to go for 8 and 30 :noway: Oh Yes !!

P90x3 ....it similar to having a Pizza delivered....takes about 30 minutes or so...but is way more healthy and makes you feel way better !!
  • chadweaver18
    chadweaver18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today is the challenge, this one has me stressing. I was destroyed after a test chest and back from the old P90x. So hoping today isn't as bad as I am thinking. Also feel free to add me if you would like I can't wait to finish the whole block here X3 is perfect with time, perhaps I should get some measurements done before I get to far in.