Thinking about just giving up

Options
124»

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself any where NEAR my time of the month. There is no need for the extra stress/emotions. I also feel like giving up a lot. This is a feeling you will likely have again. Sometimes for me it means taking a day off of logging, or going over my calories and then the next day I start fresh. I've learned that this is more than just a physical journey - it's very mentally and emotionally taxing at times. (I won't comment about the JC food as you seem to have made up your mind on that front.)
  • Snicklefritz81
    Snicklefritz81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don`t know about the Jenny Craig stuff, but how about just starting to eat ``real`` food (not prepackaged), log the calories and exercice, and let go of the scale for a while? I know it`s scary, but give it a try. Focus on HOW you feel instead of the number on the scale for a while.

My suggestions:

Weight yourself tommorow morning and take mesurements, then....

1. Pack the scale and the mesuring tape for a MONTH
    2. Eat real food (aka ; not prepackaged)...
    3. ... in enought quantity (maybe starting at around 1500 cal?)
    4. Exercice normally
    5. Drink enought water
    6. Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep/night
    7. Log it all in (food, exercice, water, sleep, in the foot note at the end of the page)
    8... and see the result in a MONTH.

Number is still going up? You are not losing inches? Re-evaluate. How was that month food wise, exercice wise? Did you sleep enought, drink water? See if there`s a patern there. All is good? Then drop the number of calories by 50-100 cal a day (not too low!) and repeat for another month.

If you give up on yourself now, how much will you allow yourself to gain before you change your mind and try again? 20-50-70-100 pounds?? Do yourself a service and stick to it, as it`s ``easier`` to lose 50 pounds than to lose 150 pounds! :-)
    Good luck

^^^ This!

And, if you're eating the JC stuff, full of sodium, and not drinking enough water, you're going to retain. Period. Eat real food, not packaged, drink water, and the other things mentioned above. <3
    Oh, and..

NEVER GIVE UP!
  • brillanta
    brillanta Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you recently started exercising? When I started exercising it took 6 months, yes 6 months, to see a weight loss, altough my clothes were fitting better. I was not happy either, but what does giving up do--nothing. I also found I lost on the days I did NOT exercise. So sometimes I did that, just to see the scale move. Keep trying until you find an answer, and share with all. Try a second scale just to confirm? Finding out how to crack this is what it is all about.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You just arent trying hard enough obviously. Being in denial about what you eat probably. Stop bemoaning nature and be tough with yourself.

Obviously, you are a trolling *kitten*. It's so effing obvious that I can't understand how you don't see how effing obvious it really is, obviously. Be tough on your self and stop living in denial. You are an *kitten*, OBVIOUSLY.
  • crystalrose_tina
    crystalrose_tina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think you should seriously consider purchasing a heart rate monitor. I know what it is like to reach a plateau and be frustrated that no weight is dropping when you are putting so much work in. It also doesn't make sense for you to gain weight if you are on a diet program where the foods are prepackaged and already put you at a caloric-deficit each day. I don't know what you are doing to track your calories burned during exercise, but the machines never report the right amount of calories burned so NEVER go by that!! Also, I don't exactly trust the calories burned that MFP says when you enter how many minutes you spent performing an exercise. I think if you start using a heart rate monitor you'll have more solid numbers to work with. You may be indulging a little bit more because you believe that you have burned enough calories, when in reality it may not have been as much as you thought

For example when I am on the elliptical at the gym for like 20 minutes, the machine will say I burned 350+ calories while my heart rate monitor says I really only burned 150 calories. Thats how I broke my plateau. Along with being very meticulous with tracking your foods, always overestimate calories if you're unsure of something you're eating.

Hope this helps, please don't give up!

*And just an aside- I know you've been told this a million times in this thread but you should really try start eating "real" foods because Jenny Craig or any other diet where the foods are prepackaged is not a good long-term solution to weight loss. I have tried diets where the foods were provided for me, and lost weight very quickly, but once I finished and had to start making food decisions on my own, I gained all the weight back.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Read this from the Eat, Train, Progress Group, esp. the first two topics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

You can do this just educate yourself and stand in your truth. The topic above is the School of Doing it Right. Sara and SS have helped hundreds of people see the results they want. Just do it.

If you give up, you will just gain more weight. Is that the result you are looking for, thought NOT.

Can't wait to read your success story so go get started :flowerforyou:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    995024_10152110483087863_386527368_n.png

:love: :heart: :love: :heart:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, I do suggest you do a reality check on exercise. Are you sweating, etc....?
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself only in the morning, on the same flat, hard surface. Make sure the batteries in your scale are still good.

Either use measurements or just grab your smallest pair of pants and put them on every day. If they fit looser, even if the scale is all wonky, you're heading in the right direction (although time of month can play havoc with even that sometimes).

What others said about food scales and measuring and getting away from Jenny Craig, since it isn't working for you this time.
  • curvyin2014
    Options
    You poor darling, you had no idea this kind of response when you posted that did you? lol Shake it off We've all been there. Your sodium isn't too high if packaged food works for you do it. I find there are many many ways to diet and you just need to choose one that works for you. Hang in there