HELP ME OUT WITH MY GYM CRUSH!

Options
nat96fit
nat96fit Posts: 5 Member
Alright guys last September, I joined a gym close to my house and I have been going there for the past year, almost every day. At first, I had absolutely no motivation to workout or start living a healthy life. I had this big pouch of a belly and big thunder thighs - who wouldn't be discouraged by that?
That didn't last very long though. During December, I started noticing this really cute "alpha male" around my gym who usually came the same time I did. This may seem really cheesy and stupid, but he was my inspiration to get my *kitten* to the gym everyday, and I'm ashamed to say, he still is the reason why I go to the gym so often.
I have lost close to 40 lbs within this time frame and the regular gym-goers have come up to me, congratulated me, and have befriended me the past few months. He however just works out in close proximity of where I am working out and the temptation is real! ugh! When ever I am working out with my headphones in, he talks to everyone around me -whether it be old or young- he talks to them and he is often really loud and obvious. Like I could literally hear him through the blasting music in my headphones.
I made a promise to my self that before this year ends (or by the end of January) , I would like to talk to him or perhaps even just find out his name. Can anyone give me tips and or moral support and advice on how to go about this?

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a tip, next time you see him say "Hello"
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    omg this is me a week ago

I am excitedly reading!!! :D
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Since you two recognize each other, a simple "Hello, happy new year" will work. (or Happy almost New Year, if it's before Jan1)
    Take the chance, be bold.:) Good luck!:)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

This
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I know how daunting it can be especially with people going 'oh just say hi' yeah not as easy as that! Especially if your gym is constructed in a way that makes it hard for you to talk to that person, like mine as it's a health club.

What I did...I asked mine for fitness advice via email lol as I saw him in person so many times and he knew my progress, purposely trained near me and one night went to talk to me and I literally bolted out of there scared as ahaha...so I sent him an email re training with a friend (not completely incorrect as I wanted to know some info) and now he is asking what I am doing for new years ;)

If I were you I would ask him for some fitness advice, he will appreciate that you approached him; forget about all the semantics of who should approach who ;)

mine took a good 6 months haha and now he follows me on instagram etc :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Take out your headphones? If he literally chats to everyone there I imagine he'd strike up a conversation with you too.. Given the opportunity.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's kinda awkward if after a whole year you have put each other in the category of don't talk to. It's kind of like being friend zoned but in the no talking to zone.

I'm going with happy new years "Hi" as the best idea. If possible reek of alcohol so if he acts all "what the heck? we don't talk...why u talking to me" you can blame it on the alcohol. a a a a alcohol.

tumblrlh2jsdr9t71qcftw3.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    He's hot but loud and obnoxious and you still want to go out with him? Wasn't sure if I read that right.

As others have said, a hello would be good. From there it just depends on the both of you.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    He's hot but loud and obnoxious and you still want to go out with him? Wasn't sure if I read that right.

That's how I read it to. But OP is 19, so what can you expect?

Make sure you ask him while he's in the middle of a set.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options

This is just so crazy, it might just work! lol Just got to put yourself out there sometimes. Us guys can be totally oblivious to so many things, its unreal. Good luck! :)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

No, she's supposed to ask him if he needs a spot.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    "Hello, loud gym-goer. I recognize your alphaness and would like to buy you a big tall glass of protein shake once we're done here.
    Nomsayin?"

Then wink.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

a spot of tea?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    "Hello, loud gym-goer. I recognize your alphaness and would like to buy you a big tall glass of protein shake once we're done here.
    Nomsayin?"

Then wink.

c1f44a010529bfdfe6962a0bf6b9a212.gif
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

a spot of tea?
    only if she brings crumpets
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nomsayin?"

Then wink.

ExtrasGiggle.gif
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    I say a simple shy smile to show him you're interested. But I probably wouldn't approach him. 60% of the time, it works everytime.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Nomsayin?"

Then wink.

If she does it right he'll be the one to give her the protein shake.
  • Matt24442
    Options
    That didn't last very long though. During December, I started noticing this really cute "alpha male" around my gym who usually came the same time I did.

Hmm you two already got it on a timer. Intriguing.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Nomsayin?"

Then wink.

If she does it right he'll be the one to give her the protein shake.

Castle_secretlyexcited.gif