Exciting things to do with white cabbage?

Options
13»

Replies

• bakeralison1
    bakeralison1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just took a cooking class in India and the cabbage recipe was my favorite.
    Shred 1/2 small head, add two chopped chillis, 1 cup grated raw coconut (or dried coconut soaked in coconut milk), 1/4 C water, 1 tsp tumeric, and 1 tsp of cumin to pan and sautee over med heat 8-10 min till dry. Add 1tbsp of coconut oil and mix when done cooking if you like.
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Shred 1/2 small head, add two chopped chillis, 1 cup grated raw coconut (or dried coconut soaked in coconut milk), 1/4 C water, 1 tsp tumeric, and 1 tsp of cumin to pan and sautee over med heat 8-10 min till dry. Add 1tbsp of coconut oil and mix when done cooking if you like.

Oh my word. That sounds pretty immense ...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Use it as tinsel?
  • MyKidzRKute
    MyKidzRKute Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an absolutely awesome idea!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I make some sort of cabbage rolls, but in pieces... A much faster recipe!:laugh:

I take a pound of ground beef (could be done with chicken also)
    6-8 slices of bacon
    Tomato sauce
    Water
    Onion
    And cabbage.

Fry the bacon, onion and the meat. Cut your cabbage in pieces and put it in an oven safe pot . Mix the tomatoes sauce with the water and then add the meat. Mix all ingredients together and put in the over at 375 for about 45 minutes.

I think it's delicious!
    You can add rice to the mix like in real cabbage rolls, but I usually don't.
  • nmagatelli
    Options
    Great ideas! I also love cabbage raw or cooked, my husband really does not. However I have changed his mind with this recipe.
    White and red cabbage chopped up and saute in a little bit of peanut oil , season with garlic powder or salt, cavenders seasoning, sensational onions and herbs seasoning to taste, a little goes a long way. Saute until almost done. Do not cover. Roasted chicken or get one in the deli at the store. Some taco shells, prepare as usual. Take chicken off bones. Put together the tacos, some cheese, cabbage, chicken. Can use sour cream,olives, etc, if you wish. The cabbage and chicken together is a great taste or at least that is what my husband says....
  • Txhanna
    Options
    We add browned ground beef tomato sauce some Splenda onion and instant brown rice. It makes quick and easy cabbage un-rolls.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    Mince fine as for coleslaw, and stir fry with garlic and a splash of soy sauce and a tiny pinch of sugar. Optional splash of vinegar and sesame oil.
    I do something similar, and call it "coleslaw stir fry." Its great with coconut oil, shredded carrot, onion, garlic, and sliced mushrooms, a splash of soy sauce and some spices (McCormick "Asian" seasoning, savory, or some Thai kitchen green curry paste).
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Make "crackslaw"!

http://crackslaw.com

It's very good...
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options

Must. Try. This.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    In for the recipes. :flowerforyou:
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Throw it away...yuck
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I shred it in to fish soup with a tomato base. Gives it a little heft and great fiber.

Best!