Cleanse

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm aware that most of you aren't supporters of cleanses, but just wondered if anyone had ever run across one that they actually got results from. I just thought it would be something I could do to start off the New Year. Any advise?

A relative of mine had good results with a cleanse/detox that her chiropractor put her on, but she did it after radiation treatment/surgery, and not as a weight loss method. Her oncology team also monitored her while she did it. She didn't lose any weight from it either.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Expected this...sarcasm, etc. I actually did start off with a cleanse last year, and I did feel and see results, So, I'll go with the one that worked for me in the past as I should have known how many smart *kitten* there are in here. lol. I just wondered if anyone had come across something that they really liked. It's not only results I'm looking for, but a mental jump start on my mind to get in gear again after the holidays and at the start of a new year. Doing something other than diet and exercise keeps me on top of things when starting a new year. But, that's just me....

http://www.desktopdrugstore.com/14-day-acai-berry-cleanse-tablets.html?gclid=CNnJpcmh2LsCFSRk7AodIEAAYQ
    Man holiday food must cause constipation if you're all clogged up like that. I recommend a bag of prunes and water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying OP. I'm feeling a little bloaty, few extra pounds from holiday treats, need a jump start. I don't want to change my body composition or anything, just a little reset...if you will.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Expected this...sarcasm, etc. I actually did start off with a cleanse last year, and I did feel and see results, So, I'll go with the one that worked for me in the past as I should have known how many smart *kitten* there are in here. lol. I just wondered if anyone had come across something that they really liked. It's not only results I'm looking for, but a mental jump start on my mind to get in gear again after the holidays and at the start of a new year. Doing something other than diet and exercise keeps me on top of things when starting a new year. But, that's just me....

http://www.desktopdrugstore.com/14-day-acai-berry-cleanse-tablets.html?gclid=CNnJpcmh2LsCFSRk7AodIEAAYQ
    How many New Years have you "jumpstarted"
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

The responses are only as ridiculous as your question.

You did this last year and yet you're back doing this again?
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options

Many responses were very helpful and not sarcastic, but it seems you already had your mind made up.

For me, a "mental jump start" happens in my head, not my body. Good luck this time around, maybe it will be different than last time.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - my preferred cleanse is colon blow and a vacuum cleaner....
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Chipotle with extra hot sauce does it for me.

Or Taco Bell.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I guess if you really, absolutely feel you must do this as a mental marker, try not eating or drinking anything but water for 24 hours. That seems to be the least damaging option. And that's really all you can hope for in a cleanse, to do as little damage as possible.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Seriously, OP, eat soap. It will clean you right out.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I did a "cleanse" if you will over the weekend, but it wasn't really my choice and I would never suggest it cause it really sucked. It was called stomach flu and believe me, I was cleansed of everything all the way through both directions. Didn't really lose a bit of weight and didn't "reset" anything, but it did give me a renewed appreciation feeling good and not being sick. Sometimes I forget how good I feel most days and how awful it is to be sick, so there is that. Just thought I'd share my experience with cleansing.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's a word that is kinda general. What's your goal for the cleanse? I'm not an anti-cleanse person. Is there a particular body system that is of concern to you?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The day after I started my diet my refrigerator broke and I had to throw all of the food in it away. It was sad, but it was probably one of the best things that could have helped me with my diet. It saved me the mental issues with "eating up" what was left in the fridge. I started with a blank slate and I was able to restock the fridge with fresh foods and lots of produce

Your body doesn't need to be cleansed internally. If you want to do a cleanse, can I suggest looking for an external one?
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Taco Bell cleanse. Often times it will rid me of so many toxins I'll be in the bathroom for hours and have to drink pedialyte the next couple days. Highly effective thanks to the overly sanitary conditions of my local Taco Bell......never again. ....never......again.
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't think "cleanses" over several days are particularly useful, but I had a single fast day recently to help me with digestion problems. I actually really enjoyed it. I had loads of water, unsweetened herbal tea, some vegetable juice and little diluted fruit juice (that would get me enough sugar and minerals to prevent headaches), and I started the day with some plum juice to get my digestion going.

I certainly wouldn't want to do that over several days, but I found that one day of fasting really relaxing, and I was a lot less hungry a few days after. I think it could be a good mental preparation for changing/adjusting your diet, and finding back to your natural hunger, without messing up your body too much.

So I'd suggest taking it easy and doing a "standard" single day fast when you've got a day off. It will be fairly easy to manage and cheap.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I recommend a cleanse of your house. Burns the fat right off, and it's free.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm back because I always start off the new year by regrouping on my health habits. BTW, I quit MFP for a while because I hit my goal and I have been maintaining. I gained 10 lbs over the past two years and would like to get it off again. So, I've not failed anything and not starting over needing lose 100 lbs or something crazy. Chill out people. This is why I quit using the forums in the first place last time I was here. Soooo much negativity. Almost makes ya wonder if you're all going about things wrong yourselves. So many of you are negative, sarcastic and just seemingly unhappy. weird. I'd like to maybe lost 15 this before summer. No big deal.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Here.......

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/fashionable-toxins/

And I wasn't being a meanie by showing you facts.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm back because I always start off the new year by regrouping on my health habits. BTW, I quit MFP for a while because I hit my goal and I have been maintaining. I gained 10 lbs over the past two years and would like to get it off again. So, I've not failed anything and not starting over needing lose 100 lbs or something crazy. Chill out people. This is why I quit using the forums in the first place last time I was here. Soooo much negativity. Almost makes ya wonder if you're all going about things wrong yourselves. So many of you are negative, sarcastic and just seemingly unhappy. weird. I'd like to maybe lost 15 this before summer. No big deal.

Actually, I'm very happy! And I'm not going about things wrong. The 16 pounds I've lost seem to think so, anyway! :happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

your body naturally cleanses itself through the crapping and pissing process...so why pay money to do something you are already naturally doing?