Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Reported for crimes against Tuna salad
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use either a lil vinegar or a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Then I cut up pickles and toss them in too
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So I'm looking for a substitute for mayo when I make my tuna. I'm not a fan of tuna just by itself. I really don't know how I feel about light mayo or miracle whip. I'm not totally against them, just never have tried them. I welcome all ideas! Thanks so much!
    This may sound weird, but I put homemade salsa in my tuna instead of mayo. It's SOOO good.
  • figueirt
    figueirt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hellmann's Dijonnaise
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I put homemade salsa in my tuna instead of mayo. It's SOOO good.

Not weird.. I do this and love it. Splash of tabasco too, why not. lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    personally I find that knorr light mayo tastes as good as regular and use that. it's not that high in calories and you don't need to add that much, you can add a little vinegar and white pepper to make it go further and also give the tuna mayo a bit more flavour without adding more and more mayo. that way it's quite easy to fit tuna mayo into your macros.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Hellmann's Dijonnaise

Totally rocks if you can find it!

I use this and plain Greek yogurt.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    another alternative is Heinz salad cream.... it's different to mayonnaise, but I really like it, and it's lower in fat than mayonnaise, and you can get low fat varieties that taste almost as good as the full fat ones
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually make my tuna with light olive oil mayo and yellow mustard and diced onion and/or chopped boiled egg. A few peas (frozen or canned) is good in tuna salad too, IMO.

My husband makes delicious tuna though with a TINY amount of mayo (like seriously a tsp perhaps), a bit of Worchestershire sauce, chopped celery, onion, and a few chopped nuts (often almonds). It is very different, not creamy but savory and you can really taste the tuna well. It is good!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    PLAIN greek yogurt. I emphasize plain. I made that mistake once...

LOL.

LOLOLOLOL.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

REALLY?!

LOL.

lol.
  • Candiedginger
    Candiedginger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Relish dill or sweet, grapes, carrots, celery, eggs, cucumber, onions, Dry mustard, if you want to lose weight plain Greek yogurt. If not since you've never tried, try the olive oil brands of mayo. Olive oil and vinegar is also tasty. I am not a plain tuna fan and need to camouflage the flavor.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is really the best!

I use greek yogurt, relish, mustard, seasoned salt, orange juice, and pecans in my tuna salad.
  • kiekie33
    Options
    Try plain greek yogurt tastes better than mayo. I us fage 0% fat
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Cucumber and dill greek yogurt dip. I get it at my Kroger. I still prefer Miracle Whip and black pepper.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, dill and lemon pepper
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    sweet chilli or hot sauce
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    PLAIN greek yogurt. I emphasize plain. I made that mistake once...

LOL.

LOLOLOLOL.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

REALLY?!

LOL.

lol.

I know, I know. It was an honest mistake. I swear! I grabbed the wrong container out of the fridge.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I would try some different types of mayo or miracle whip then come back and ask us again once you know what you like.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The idea of cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt on my tuna makes me wanna hurl. That's my only contribution to this thread...