• shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    Looks like cat puke

I lol'd

I'm telling you it does....
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Inglehoffer Applewood Bacon Mustard, splash of lemon juice, dill relish. Yum!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    another alternative is Heinz salad cream.... it's different to mayonnaise, but I really like it, and it's lower in fat than mayonnaise, and you can get low fat varieties that taste almost as good as the full fat ones

I love this stuff but have a hard time finding it where I live, unless I go to a market that sells products from the UK.

I like to use seasonings like dill and lemon pepper. Sometimes a little lemon juice is great as well.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Canola mayo - Best Foods has 40 cal per TB, instead of the 100 in regular mayo, but it tastes just as good.

Sour cream is also good.

What I usually do is 1/2 Tb of each for a can of tuna, plus 1/2 Tb sweet relish. Yum!
  • UpandRunning2013
    UpandRunning2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    PLAIN greek yogurt. I emphasize plain. I made that mistake once...

I second that as a really great low cal option. I often add a little lemon juice, a squirt of mustard and salt and pepper to give it a little kick and make it more a take on mayo.
  • mstieann
    mstieann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Avocado makes a damn fine tuna salad.
  • Furtis17
    Options
    Cottage cheese is nice with tuna - loads of protein too :)
    I never thought about trying cottage cheese, it sounds good though! I'm going to try this today for lunch! :smile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    To all here that are perpetuating that greek yogurt is somehow delicious, just stop. It is the worst thing to have ever been in my mouth. Big food needs to get its greek yogurt shills out of MFP.

And tuna must have Miricle Whip and pickles, and served on leaf lettuce and toasted bread.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    plain tuna on greens topped with vinagrette is pretty good.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    To all here that are perpetuating that greek yogurt is somehow delicious, just stop. It is the worst thing to have ever been in my mouth. Big food needs to get its greek yogurt shills out of MFP.

And tuna must have Miricle Whip and pickles, and served on leaf lettuce and toasted bread.

Surely it's not the WORST thing that has been in yer mouth? :huh:

...wait NVM I see my suspicions are correct...Miracle whip *gag* :sick:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Clearly The Snooch has never been in your mouth...

wait... that didn't come out how I intended. NVM.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't like tuna, but a good spread I've found is Rondelé. It's a whipped cheese and fairly low calorie, I think 35 per tablespoon. And be sure to weigh it rather than just scooping it out; 12g is a lot more than one standard tablespoon.
  • dls67
    dls67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you like a little spice try making it with modest amounts of Creole mustard (otherwise known as brown or grainy mustard). This provides enough moisture for binding and great flavor...I usually add diced apples for the crunch and splash of flavor and a few diced jalapenos too....its good.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like tuna packed in sunflower oil :smile: I just add relish and mustard to my tuna sammies
  • brownbeauty2013
    brownbeauty2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Light Ranch.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I add dijon mustard, dill relish, finely chopped onion and either a 1/2 tsp of mayo or veganaise. Awesome
  • candrusiak
    candrusiak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like half lite mayo and half plain, 0% Greek yoghurt.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Nonfat plain greek yogurt is a good substitute. Maybe add some seasoning to it though.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hellman's light mayo is DELICIOUS. Miracle Whip, on the other hand, is vile. I never thought I'd be a fan of light mayo, but since trying it I can't be without it. I use that and a little sweet relish with my tuna!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar with a lil lemon, black pepper, and olive oil.

Miracle whip with celery, onions, and red pepper flakes.

Plain Greek yogurt, lemon, and dill.