Adding protein powder too.....

Options
2»

Replies

• AromaticTie0
    AromaticTie0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

There is no added benefit if you are able to take in adequate amounts of protein through whole foods. Powders are nothing more than a supplement when protein intake is not being met.

Gotcha. I was taking it in the spirit that people were saying they weren't a benefit at all.

I would still say that powders can help along snacks that you may crave that your body absorbs quickly. Something that is all carbs will go right to sugar and you'll feel empty shortly thereafter. Add a bit of protein and your sugary snack becomes a bit more fulfilling.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

There is no added benefit if you are able to take in adequate amounts of protein through whole foods. Powders are nothing more than a supplement when protein intake is not being met.

Gotcha. I was taking it in the spirit that people were saying they weren't a benefit at all.

I would still say that powders can help along snacks that you may crave that your body absorbs quickly. Something that is all carbs will go right to sugar and you'll feel empty shortly thereafter. Add a bit of protein and your sugary snack becomes a bit more fulfilling.
    Whey protein spikes insulin and gets digested by the body just as quickly as sugar, so while eating protein filled food does a good job of filling you up, whey protein powder is a pretty poor choice for that.