What's your current career? What would you rather be doing?

Replies

• IT Project Manager
    Forensics with a focus on blood spatter....hey I loved Dexter LOL!!!

Ha! Forensics also interest me.
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    I work in a Pharmacy. I am going to school to be a Nurse Anesthetist =]
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Current - Senior Technical Writer
    Preferred - Game Designer

Actually, I do both. But I wish I could afford to do the latter full-time. :)
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Currently am an Auditor (Accounting). Have a Culinary Degree. Would love to be a Food Critic/Writer.
  • Teacher
    GYM Rat
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Current: Massage therapist
    Dream: Red Power Ranger on the kid's show. Lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    SAHM. There's nothing I'd rather be doing, it's the best job in the world, but when my kid and future kids are old enough to be in school I will be done with school /internship to be a registered dietitian. That is my dream career.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    current career: officially (i.e. what I'm qualified for): biology teacher...... what I'm actually currently doing: jack of all trades teacher/tutor type person including but not limited to biology, all sciences, maths and literacy plus exam paper marking and some freelance writing on the side

what I'd rather be: palaeoanthropologist, including doing the scientific research and teaching undergrads (so university professor basically) plus freelance writing on the side

in my dreams career: doing research in palaeoanthropology by getting in a time machine and doing field studies on all the different species of hominin
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Senior staff accountant and office manager at husband's CPA firm. I love my job and cannot imagine anything else. I'm happy as a lark.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Sys admin (no I won't fix your computer!)
    I'd like someone to pay me to go to school and learn everything for the rest of my life. That'd be awesome.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Currently I work in IT, storage and virtualization. I design and implement. Working in IT since 1980.

I'd much rather be fishing.
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Cat scan, MRI, nuclear medicine technologist

I would love to get paid for my underwater photography though. its a hobby
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Current: Solicitor (Lawyer for our American friends)

Would rather be doing: Lottery winner who spends all his time on his hobbies, not working. Lol

Failing that, being a wildlife enthusiast I would love to be overseas studying big cats, wolves, bears etc anything predatory really
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Currently a sales assistant and part time beauty therapist but my chosen career would be a pop star :happy: But realisticly my first choice would be to be in the police and 2nd choice would to be cabin crew on planes. Just applied to be a club 18-30s rep though for next summer so would be over the moon if i got that.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Christina Aguilera is on our site? :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Supply Chain Management.

I'd rather be a Chef. Retiring in a couple years, relocating to Las Vegas and enrolling ar Le Cordon Bleu.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    I'm a Software Systems Engineer. I love my job and I just wish to become more skilled/proficient at my job. Well... I would also love to be a Software Systems Architect... just to have a more `pompous` job title. :laugh:
    I also love the area I work in right now... but I just changed my job... so I don't know... in a few years maybe I'll change the area in which I work, but not the career.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    I run a wholesale aquatic import business which I built from scratch with my partner & Is all run via email which I can do whilst sitting at home in my pjs, walking the dogs & going to the gym at any time of the day I like. It was pretty awesome but eventually a year in, I got bored as we live pretty rural & far away from my family and where I grew up is I felt I needed to also get a job more for the social than anything else.

I now work in the field of sensory & consumer science (food testing) I get paid to shop for food, photograph food & write about food! I also do a fair bit of admin & preparation to organise large scale food tests using naive consumers for all the big supermarkets & manufacturers and the paperwork isn't much fun but overall it's all pretty interesting. I do have rubbish days as we all do & sometimes a lot more travel & overtime than I'd like but can't complain too much as my colleagues for the most part are a lovely bunch.

Eventually I intend to be a stay at home mum which will be quite easy as whereas at the moment I work full time for someone else & manage my business too, I'll just revert to working from home and giving up my full time job. That is the plan :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Current career = secondary school languages teacher (England).

I have an MA in Translation and would love to work as a translator.
  • current: biller at a med insurance billing company (unfort no coding)
    id rather be doing my medical assisting and eventually become a neonatologist