What's your current career? What would you rather be doing?

Options

Replies

• judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Human Resources Generalist ...

Wish - Anything with animals. I seriously chose the wrong career!

You DO work with animals...humans are animals. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Fire Sprinkler System Designer and Project Manager.

I'd rather be... out on a boat and fishing.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm a proofreader.
    I'd like to be engaged with people during work. That's something I really do miss.
  • pmm76
    pmm76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm a teacher....

I'd rather be a teacher who makes more money
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have a psychology degree. I been through a few different jobs, but now I am a trainer. Mostly certain computer programs, but I do process and more.

I used to think I wanted something else, but really when I got this job I found what I should be doing. Its a crazy busy job, its hard, I sometimes work long hours creating the training, but I LOVE my job.

FYI, sometimes you just fall into the right thing, I started working at Bloomingdale's got a job at a magazine, was a receptionist for a bit, fell into a job a Coach Leatherware, moved to Roche and when they let me go (finally) I fell into where I am now. I had almost no plan, no career "track" just kind of ended up where I am. Life isn't always planned :)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Currently, I sell equipment for factory automation, solving applications for the client.

Dream job??? Primarily, anything for myself but probably focussing on property....
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Schooling: Psychology Undergrad... 1/2 Done with Masters of Science Organized Leadership (aka Psych/Org Dev of Master's programs)

Currently: Project/Sales Coordinator...shifting over to reporting and analysis focus.

Goal in 5-10 years: Open our own all Gluten Free Brewery! I would love to run my own office. I am such a detailed person but love delegating ;) haha.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Christina Aguilera is on our site? :)
    I thought the exact same thing!!! Great minds, and all... :wink:
  • perkins_jerryw
    perkins_jerryw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Current – Compliance Manager and physicist for government x-ray and laser radiation regulatory agency
    Wish – University Teacher in public health
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    lol same here
    Christina Aguilera is on our site? :)
    I thought the exact same thing!!! Great minds, and all... :wink:
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Currently workin as office admin but..........

I'd rather be in university for my journalism/science degree. I need to pick one
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    Current - Account management for high end Sr Level It resources
    Wish _ Sports Agent
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    underpaid underappreciated overworked glorified receptionist. I 'd rather be anything else at this point. Even a septic tank cleaner. Yeah this place is THAT bad. At least as a septice tank cleaner the **** I work with isn't the walking talking back variety. :explode:
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I work in media relations for a bunch of government and academic research institutions. It's pretty interesting--a happy medium between nerdy research and making that research actually useful and understandable to the public.

In my next life, I'd to go to med school and become an OB/GYN. Or I'd be a geologist. I was raised by scientists and rebelled by not going into a STEM field. I regret that sometimes.

And like everyone else, I want to be a writer because obviously. :)
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Current: Marketing / Event Coordinator

Wish: Marketing Manager with no more dang event coordination! It is stressful :explode:
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Current carrier - Unemployed :bigsmile:

Wish - To join NASA
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Current: IT Operations Analyst, Automation;

Wishful: Chiropractic, Physical/Massage Therapy. (I like doing something that directly helps and I am tactile.)

Honestly: Win the lottery. Be free of an actual job. Move to Japan and live at a hot spring.
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    Current career- Oil Refinery, I love my job.
    I'd rather be a serial killer. You make your own hours, answer only to yourself, and get to meet new and interesting people.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Current: Superintendent of Infrastructure for a small Air Force base (manage the guys who take care of the water, HVAC, control systems & entomology)

Rather: Teacher- English and/or Theology I am working on my degree in Theology, teach Sunday School, Bible Study and I taught ESL while I was in Korea and LOVED it! I also tutor ESL every now & then.
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Current - Receptionist at an industrial paint shop

Dream Career - Dog trainer or respiratory therapist