Question for "Athletic Build" ladies

Options
1235»

Replies

• 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", trying to get to 118 pounds and 20% bf, and am trying to lose some muscle. crazy. i know. :]
    eta : i race motorsports, so i'm trying to get super strong and as light as possible. :)
  • katiewilsonxo
    katiewilsonxo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm right smack in the middle between 5'7 and 5'8 with a strong predisposition to gain muscle. Current weight is 166 and goal weight is 145-150. I don't do too much lifting like dead lifts and squats because I bulk fairly easy but I do a fair amount of resistance training and one or two days of weights a week
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good question!

I'm 5'4 and definitely athletically built. I could barely lift and still have arm muscles and muscly legs! I am around 150-155, but definitely look my best at 140 (though I have to work my butt off to get there!) I'm about 22% body fat, which is pretty good because I'm a pretty curvy girl (boobs, butt, and hips!)

I would say if you're built like this, focus on shaping your curves. Us girls with this build have naturally larger hips/butt, so I like to firm it up (not make it smaller, but firmer!) I would say try not to worry so much about weight, because we're naturally heavier, and more on shape/firming it up.

I love circuit training for this! (bootcamp/insanity style training)
  • BreakGirl
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with an athletic body and I look best between 114 - 121 pounds!c:
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (an extra 1/2 inch on good days) and currently weighing in at 154 lbs. Goal is 130, but I'd settle for something in the 135-140 range. They said I'm on the "larger side of medium" frame when I had some dunk testing done (based on ankle measurement) & I have a pretty muscular build.

About 2 years ago, I was 137 lbs and 22.5% body fat... and that was not much weight lifting (mostly I run long distance but mix in some pilates/core strength training to prevent injury).

Would love some other friends with similar goals - I don't make it onto the forums as regularly as I'd like (iPhone app only allows newsfeed) but please friend me if you would like to keep in touch on newsfeed too!
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and a bit and I feel best at around 140.

I have an athletic build and a lean mass of 109 lbs

:)
  • dayswillpass
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and very large frame/"German" build (according to family). At 170lbs, I wore a size 8. I feel best at 155lbs, but I am all muscle. Wide shoulders, legs like a horse, etc.
    I just focus on lifting a lot. I hate doing cardio, and try to avoid it when I can.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and "large" framed. My wrist measurement is 7"--makes it difficult sometimes to buy bracelets and watches. The lowest weight where I looked reasonably good is 125, and that's pushing it. I'm older now, so I have set my goal at 140. Once I reach that, I may try for 130, depends on how I look. I also seem to build muscle pretty easily, so the scale is not the best way to evaluate!
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Btw, I KNOW that lifting won't make me huge...but I am aware that muscle does weigh more than fat.

A pound of fat and a pound of muscle both weigh a pound. The fat just takes up more space.

thank you.

I know it's a pet peeve thing- but I can't stand when people say "a pound of X weighs more than a pound of Y."

NO IT"S MORE DENSE. dense- dense is the word for which you search.

I'm 5'8" and am around 162- and looking to add. But ideally I'd be around 150.

I see your logic but I don't think the statement is completely incorrect. hypothetically if you and me both wear the same size of jeans but your legs are all muscle and mine are all fat, then you will weigh more than me BECAUSE YOUR MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN MY FAT. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can see both arguments

A pound is a pound is a pound. Now, if you are talking about "volume", which you are when you speak about fitting into the same size jeans, well a gallon of muscle will weigh more than a gallon of fat.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 128lbs. Recently added a bit of muscle so about 19/20% bf I think. Want to maintain here. Like my measurements and the way all my clothes fit. 32-25-36. 20" thighs.

This is almost my measurements exactly. 5'6, 130lbs (give or take) and 32-25-37. I'd like to add more muscle but I think I have an athletic body type as people usually guess my weight about 10-15lbs lower than it is.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I posted here earlier, but I know pictures are nice. So this is me at 65.5" and 131 lbs. I do consider my build athletic, but not everyone will. And please excuse the "standing on the toilet to take a selfie". It's the best place I have in the house. :laugh:

[img]http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee322/jivete/Lifting progress/F-02272014.jpg[/img]
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally built athletic. I don't do much weight lifting and I build muscle pretty easily. I'm 4"11' (almost) and 95 lbs. I still have some fat on me; mostly on my thighs (which are thick to begin with). :ohwell:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 124. I kept resetting my goal weight as the pound came off, and I thought I'd ultimately want to stay under 130 forever. So I lost down to 123 to give myself some cushion for potential glycogen regain when switching to maintenance. I kept losing as I transitioned, and weighed in at 119 at my lowest. While it was "fun" to be in the teens for a day or two, I REALLY didn't want to be this low. I looked WAY too thin.

I'm muscular, and my BF% per a DEXA scan is 15.9%. (Per the bioelectric impedance scales, it was 10.1% - 11.5%.) My doctor and personal trainer aren't too concerned about the low body fat since my muscle mass is still good. But I am working with the trainer to build more muscle and regain some mass (get bigger) in a healthy way.

Even up to 124 now, I still think I'm too small. I told the trainer that I'm not going to get too attached to a goal number since I don't know how his program will affect my appearance, but if I had to ballpark where I want to be, I guessed 135.
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 6.5 inch (169 cm) and currently 144 pounds. I'd like to get down to 135, but I'll re-evaluate if I look too thin. I'm not that concerned about the poundage. I'd rather reduce my measurements, which are currently approximately 34-29-39. I don't know if I have an "athletic" build but people usually guess I weigh less than I actually do. I have pretty sturdy legs.
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, I was a into running and gymnastics and ballet from elementary through high school, I was always about 115 pounds, muscular legs always, even after 3 kids. My heaviest was 154, I went to 133 pounds, then started lifting weights, went up to 145 and was smaller than when I was 133. YEP. I'm aiming to compete, and have my goal weight at 125, but If I look better heavier so be it. I'm looking more in the mirror and my measurements more than the scale.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Today:
    5'4 138 lbs
    15% bodyfat
    Size XS in tops 32-DD
    Size Smalll (bottoms) 36 inches
    Waist is 27 ( fluffy as heck right now) Working on 24inches this summer :)

Before:
    5'4 175lbs
    30% bodyfat
    Size: M in tops 36-DD
    Size M/L 42 inches
    Waist :32/34