MFP Etiquette

Options

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I do a workout, I don't need every friend to post a generic response each time. If I hear from you on one of every 15 workouts I do, that's practical and enough for me!

This is true for me as well. I actually changed my settings so that it doesnt post to the newsfeed when I do a workout or complete my diary because I really dont even notice if people comment on that stuff. Now, if I post something like a question or an NSV, then I do check back to see if people have said anything. And I don't really ever coomment on friends' workouts or diaries either unless I have something specific to say but I do comment on more personal posts/updates/questions if I have something to add. Otherwise I don't.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not a hand holder or cheerleader...I don't throw out a whole lotta "atta boys" just because someone has their settings to have MFP alert the entire world every time they do something. I comment when I see interesting posts or people on my FL have questions that I may have some answers for.

Why do so many people need their hand held and so much coddling?
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My FL is some people I like to interact with others I just find inspiring and just like to follow. :smile:
  • Pickle_Ninja
    Options
    I comment when I really have something to say. Seems kind of phony to do the " great work!" "awesome job" on every post. I mean ya someone completes their day without going over their cals...I'm happy for them...but really to say "woot, woot" each time very monotonous!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    INteresting

NO!
    :angry:
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I find it rude when someone jumps into the newcomers thread and angrily rants that people are not liking her statuses.

People are all here for different reasons. Some to comment. Some to read. Some to log. Some to 'Like'. Some to track workouts. Some to spy and be nosy. Some to get laid. Some to get married. Some to flirt. Some to track personal records. Some to meet people to do fitness related things with offline. Some to blog. Some to read blogs. Some to post topics. Some to post serious topics. Some to play games in the forums. Some have never been in the forums. Some just like their friends lists and use it like facebook.

It's MY Fitness Pal. Not YOUR Fitness pal.

Please be happy that so many people are here trying to become better versions of themselves and shouldnt be greeted by someone demanding they use MFP the way their way. If someone isn't the kind of contact you want on your friends list, then unfriend them.

Making a quiet simply action to handle an aggravation is far less dramatic than writing a public story about it and getting all up in arms about something that will not actually count towards your weight loss or fitness gains.

have a happy new year and I wish you lots of success in your fitness endeavors. start the year kindly :flowerforyou:

edited for spelling.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Attention two friends of rinaznet - you've been put on notice.

...and she don't play--she already deleted your compadre.
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options

wow. drastic.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    MFP- LIKEs trading site.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Colombian neckties for all
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The thing I don't get is if I'm such an a-hole, evidenced by the fact I hardly WTG or woot woot ppl, how come I have over 500 friends?
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of the opposite. I don't want people to give me empty kudos, trite platitudes when I complete a workout or complete my food diary for the day. If you're saying "good job" "way2go!" often, it tends to become meaningless after awhile. I'd prefer to only get comments when I completely knock it out of the park, and I tend to only do the same with friends as well.

This is why I'm a fan of the "like" button. It can show your appreciation for someone's efforts without the triteness.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having people on my friends list who don't comment on my statuses. The thing that bugs me is when men add me and start harassing me for sex talk in private messages as soon as I accept. Those, I block. If people want to add me but not interact with me, that's fine.

so how long are we supposed to wait before the sex talk? what's the proper etiquette on this?

You go to the threads that in the general chat forum that are about sex talk and harass those women, and leave the rest of us alone. Okay? Thanks!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    There is a delete button for a reason.

Also an ignore button.

And, thanks to a bunch of fools. A "Like" button.

^This. Especially the third part.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having people on my friends list who don't comment on my statuses. The thing that bugs me is when men add me and start harassing me for sex talk in private messages as soon as I accept. Those, I block. If people want to add me but not interact with me, that's fine.

so how long are we supposed to wait before the sex talk? what's the proper etiquette on this?

You go to the threads that in the general chat forum that are about sex talk and harass those women, and leave the rest of us alone. Okay? Thanks!

lolz
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My rule is this, I have no prob with people adding me, I will support them the best I can and expect the same in return. However I check my friends list regularly, if I see that red # & its 14 days or more I delete them. I can't support you & you can't support me if you aren't on here, aren't logging etc I don't expect people to comment on EVERY single thing I say or do, that is asking alot. People do have their own lives & there is alot of people who work with no access to MFP all day until they get home in the evening. So I don't honestly them to go back through the entire day worth of newsfeed to find something I did that morning just to comment, that's just not necessary.

This.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

That still didn't say how long.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't get is if I'm such an a-hole, evidenced by the fact I hardly WTG or woot woot ppl, how come I have over 500 friends?

Hey! Don't I know you from somewhere? :laugh:

ETA: And because your posts are intriguing, humorous, and real. And you're a hoot on the forums.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can't imagine caring about this. It's nice when someone likes my statuses, sure, but I don't go through and make the effort to like or comment on every. single. status. on my feed, so why should I expect people to do it for me? This is like getting upset when somebody on Facebook doesn't wish you a happy birthday.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    INteresting

IKR?