Dear Whovians - I need your help...

Options
124»

Replies

• shadey152
    shadey152 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just start at the beginning of the new Doctor Who series, Starting in 2005. There are 86 episodes all of which are worth watching and truly help develop the character. Also they are all on Netflix so dive in! Besides you can't miss the first few seasons all of the doctors are great but Rose Tyler is by far the best Companion.
  • LesBrock
    LesBrock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Best companion has got to be Sarah Jane Smith...........:flowerforyou:

Who stangely enough has a very similar name to my real partner :love:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a purest.

Unless you watch them from the start of the first series (I don't mean necessarily in order, it's just easier if you do), you don't fall under proper Whovian status.

However, I expect I'm a rarity in that belief. ~chuckles~
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would recommend watching Dr. Who and the Daleks staring Peter Cushing. That is one, if not the first, introduction to the Daleks and it is in Color even though it is from the 50's. Plus Peter Cushing rocks in whatever he plays. Then jump to Tom Baker episodes. Sure you will miss the intro to the cybermen and a bunch of other classic villians but you will quickly catch up to them with the decade of Tom Baker episodes including villains you recently saw in the latest Matt Smith episodes. You will get a good introduction to the Dr's homeworld with Tom Baker.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree to start with season 1 (2005)!

Personally, I started in the middle of season five (because it was just coming back from its break) and I really enjoyed it! In the week following, I went back and watched the first half of season five, the two River Song episodes in season four, and then went back to start season one. It was timey wimey.

Favorite for me was Matt Smith and favorite companion was Donna (but I adore River Song - don't hate! :tongue: )
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree to start with season 1 (2005)!

Personally, I started in the middle of season five (because it was just coming back from its break) and I really enjoyed it! In the week following, I went back and watched the first half of season five, the two River Song episodes in season four, and then went back to start season one. It was timey wimey.

Favorite for me was Matt Smith and favorite companion was Donna (but I adore River Song - don't hate! :tongue: )

HUGE fan of Donna Noble, and I absolutely ADORE River Song! Alex posted a video that she may be back in Season 8, but all she could say about it was "Spoilers!" God, I love her!
  • theoncomingstorm2
    Options
    Yay Whovians! Any Whovians, feel free to add me. Allons-y!
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I was only allowed to recommend ONE episode of Doctor Who...Vincent and the Doctor. Hands down.

Oh my god, this. I'm crying just thinking about it.

I was watching it and then BAM i just started crying lol

It doesn't matter how many times I watch the episode, by the end I'm sobbing like it was my first time. LOL
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    drwho4_zps5958199c.jpg

I started with Eccleston, fell in love with Tennant, and laughed with Smith :drinker:
  • AsparagusFinch
    AsparagusFinch Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I went to the same university as Matt Smith, so I feel like he should be my favourite doctor, but for me David Tennant was perfect as The Doctor, so I'd recommend starting there :)
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    If I was only allowed to recommend ONE episode of Doctor Who...Vincent and the Doctor. Hands down.

Oh my god, this. I'm crying just thinking about it.

I was watching it and then BAM i just started crying lol

This one gives me chills just thinking about it!