No More Short Cuts - 90 day Challenge

Options
(INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE)

As I eat this frozen snicker bar…

January 1st, 2014 and it's 12:11AM. Oh yea, Happy New Year!!!!

I remember this time last year, the nearly 35 pounds I lost in the previous months started to make their way back to my hips, thighs, butt, face, arms, belly and back. God how I hate my "looks like I have 4 rear titties" back fat.

Talk about getting comfortable and feeling myself. I can see it oh so clearly: I thought to myself, “I just lost 30+ lbs. What harm will one big mac do?” One big mac turned into a can of coke and a medium (sometimes large) iced caramel latte with whip and extra caramel from Dunkin Donuts DAILY. If I felt extra skinny, I’d opt for twice a day. Not only did I gain every ounce back but I gained about 10 extra pounds on top of that.

Because I currently refuse to buy the next size up in clothing, I am literally busting at the seams. My bra straps nearly cut into my flesh…OUCH! I was putting on makeup the other morning and noticed my bi-chin was slowly crossing over to a trichina.

Needless to say, one can lose all the weight in the world. However it means nothing if they (I) don’t attack the underlying issues that caused them (me) to be so heavy. Yes, I lost some weight on the outside. But the reason why it was so easy for me to gain it all back was because I was still heavy on the inside. It's time to let it all go. I’m not one for New Year resolutions, but Melinda has got to make some adjustments. I will learn to love me and celebrate all that I’ve become, although becoming fit didn’t make the cut in 2013 lol but not lol!

Starting Monday, January 6th I will be initiating a "No Short Cuts" 90-day challenge. It will be nothing fancy or difficult. It won't be a fad diet. I'd like to consider it a kick start so to speak.

It will consist of working out 3-5 times a week. For me I will be using @ home DVDs and YouTube videos. I will of course incorporate healthy eating with a cheat day once a week if necessary and lots of WATER WATER WATER!

The 1st weigh in will be on Sunday January 5th and as stated previously, the challenge will officially kick off January 6th. This gives us a few days to stock up on any needed groceries. I will weigh in every Sunday thereafter. The final weigh in and end date will be April 6th.

Please join me on this journey to the rest of our healthy lives. Follow me on Instagram: BoulevardMto180. I created the page today and won't officially start posting until a day or two before the actual challenge begins.

My reason for using Instagram is because the MFP app is so limited: can't check blogs and forums. I only sit down at my PC maybe 2-3 times a week. Since I keep my phone in-hand at all times, I can post, respond and update more frequently via IG. I'm considering creating a MFP group in the future.

I will post food/snack and workout pics. Eventually I'll post some progress pics when I see some progress lol. Please, you do the same using the hashtag #noshortcutschallenge. I will also post "shout outs", water intake reminders and anything else to keep us all motivated. Please tell a friend to tell a friend to tell 3 friends and their cousins.

Some days we will feel on top of the world. Other days we will feel the world is against us. Nevertheless we will encourage one another. All Negative Nancy's will get X'd, promise!!!!

There won't be a $5,000 cash prize and/or a lavish vacation at the end of the challenge. Whether you want to lose 10 lbs or 110 lbs, the prize will be us being a little bit closer to our goals and hopefully friendships. I'm not asking for a millions followers. I'm only asking for a few dedicated people to fit the fat with.

The best part about this challenge for me is that we won't take any special pills or potions. We will sweat our way to the finish line #noshortcuts!!!!!

Replies

• biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I will join you in the challenge, Add me. We will do this.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I lost 30 pounds a few years ago and then after a few injuries it is all back. I need to get moving and get my weight back down. I plan to watch my calories. I plan to swim for 1 hour 3-4 times per week. I hope this will help with my achilles tendonitis healing so I can get back to walking and biking.
  • ehrenlynae
    Options
    Started follow you on IG. Im taking my family through a clean eating challenge in January and posting on ig. Healthyfamilyhappylife
  • mhc706
    mhc706 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll try this!

Requested to follow you

MHC706
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Girl I like your style. I just started a fitness IG @26minus60 and sent you a request!
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :smile: Happy to join your lead, great idea! 90 day challenge sounds perfect. My goal is 10 pounds in that time or better.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You made me laugh. I can so relate! I don't instagram but I can support you here when you are around! I weigh in on Sunday's as well - helps keep me honest over the weekend LOL Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like.
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I Will do this challenge too!!!! Count me in!!!! I love your sense of humor!!!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Sign me up! I'll follow you on IG
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just sent a request. The workout thing may not be the easiest for me with a 5 year old that won't ever let me work out, but I'll do my best!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Trust me when I say I know exactly what you mean. My 4 year old munchkin is the same. But I'm sure we will find a way!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Thanks so much for joining. I hope you're as excited as I am :-)
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am in. Sent you a request
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I'm in. I lost 30 pounds a few years ago and then after a few injuries it is all back. I need to get moving and get my weight back down. I plan to watch my calories. I plan to swim for 1 hour 3-4 times per week. I hope this will help with my achilles tendonitis healing so I can get back to walking and biking.

We will all do this together. I love the swimming idea. Unfortunately I never learned. I can float though lol. I think I'll had that to my 2014 bucket list.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Started follow you on IG. Im taking my family through a clean eating challenge in January and posting on ig. Healthyfamilyhappylife

ehrenlynae thanks so much for following…see you around!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I'll try this!

Requested to follow you

MHC706

Thanks so much for your interest and for following. Can't wait until the 6th!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Girl I like your style. I just started a fitness IG @26minus60 and sent you a request!

I'm following you as well. I've got 60+ to lose myself. Can't wait to reach the finish line!
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    :smile: Happy to join your lead, great idea! 90 day challenge sounds perfect. My goal is 10 pounds in that time or better.

I know you'll do better than 10 lbs. You definitely have my support.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Once I figure out how to use instagram - figure the teens in this house will assist me lol, I am in :) gained 16 lbs over the last 2 months my ticker now is under 50 lost and I was up to 65 :(
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    You made me laugh. I can so relate! I don't instagram but I can support you here when you are around! I weigh in on Sunday's as well - helps keep me honest over the weekend LOL Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like.

Hey Cyn! I can definitely use any extra support. No Ig, no worries. I'll still be around these parts lol!