Self Confidence Dropping with the Pounds (Females)

Options
13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a B and was ecstatic - no self confidence issues here.

It's nice being able to buy bras and tops that actually fit.

Even if I went down to an A, I would be completely fine with it.
    Just from your weight loss? That's amazing. I've lost in my chest and need to buy smaller bras. It's exciting for some of us who were bigger chested with weight and are now smaller chested with weight loss.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Boobs aren't a huge deal for me. I don't really care so I would tell you to keep going with the weight loss. A good way to tell what your boobs may look like compare to your mom. Was she ever a similar size to what your goal is and if so what was her bra size. If you can't guess by pictures and you have a close relationship to her just ask.

Best of luck to you!
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started at a full 36 C and 140lbs...now at 117 I'm a small C--probably could be a B if I tried. But honestly, it does stop. You don't lose weight strictly in your boobs, and while I was pretty upset initially that it's the first place the weight fell off from- as I continued losing weight, everything evened out. My stomach got smaller, my hips got smaller, my butt that I was terrified to lose got smaller (but bigger muscle wise--which also took a while to show). So pretty much, I lost my boobs and butt and looked awkward as hell for a minute--but in the end it all proportioned back out and with muscle training I'm beyond proud of how I look now. Honestly, I always figured in the end--there's always Victoria's Secret! :)
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My breasts went from 39" to 34" with cardio only weight loss. I regained some weight (17lbs) and decided to focus on strength training and little cardio. Started again with a 39" bust but this time I've only lost 1". Despite my waist being 2" smaller than I had been at this exact weight.

It wasn't that I felt my breasts were too small, but they did have a deflated look to them that I really hated. You may want to add in some weight training to help.
  • UndoneTwo
    Options
    I think this is one of those "the grass is always greener on the other side" things. I'm on the other side. I feel like my large breasts are minimizing the appearance of my weight loss. I've dropped inches everywhere except my chest, and I'm a little bummed. I'm 128 pounds, but I can't buy a bra in a normal store. Its depressing. I think we tend to set unrealistic expectations on what our weight loss will look like, not to mention what an ideal body is. It's tough not to. Keep your head up, and keep up the good work. Try not to worry about the number or letter, and just be happy that you are making positive changes!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a B and was ecstatic - no self confidence issues here.

It's nice being able to buy bras and tops that actually fit.

Even if I went down to an A, I would be completely fine with it.
    Just from your weight loss? That's amazing. I've lost in my chest and need to buy smaller bras. It's exciting for some of us who were bigger chested with weight and are now smaller chested with weight loss.

Yes, just from weight loss. Back in 2008 prior to adopting a healthy eating pattern I looked into breast reduction surgery because I hated them that much. I am so glad I didn't do this, as it would have been a waste of $8000.

The surgeon at the time told me I should lose weight first, as it is hard to tell how much they would shrink on their own with weight loss. I'm glad that 3 years later I finally took that advice and did it.

I am also pleased to say they're still perky, and everything bounced back in the right spots.

I couldn't be happier.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to do what makes you happy. But sometimes I think women tend to fixate on things that aren't really that important in the scheme of things. Now don't get me wrong, I have saggy boobs in my late 20s and they were always saggy even when I was heavier. I went from a C cup to a B. For me it's not about the cup size but how perky they are, and I've been dissatisfied with that aspect of mine all my life. But honestly, the cost of breast augmentation was never worth it to me, because I know my boobs are fine, I haven't had complaints from any boyfriend yet and even if they did call them saggy I don't care. Bras perk them up nicely and in the big picture of my whole body I find other aspects of my body to be happy about, like my legs.

Go to a bra shop and get fitted for some bras that provide some extra lift. Then buy a sexy little dress and rock it for a night out. Celebrate yourself the way you are, I'm sure you have many excellent qualities to flaunt. :drinker:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i was once told that anything more than a mouthful is a waste, so unless you're dating, or trying to date someone with a "C" cup sized mouth, you're good.

there...feel better?
  • bubbaacat
    bubbaacat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I personally feel better at a smaller size. You can run, jump and move around without all the bounce. And remember they are just fat tissue.
    Feel the freedom of movement, and maybe get away without having to ware a bra all the time or a sexy smaller one.
    But most of all do what feels right for you, people get jealous of what you have been able to do in changing your body and make comments to make themselves feel better.
    Good luck, I think you look great from the inside. :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I love boobs b's and c's preferably.
  • MrsSamJones
    Options
    I'd keep doing what you're doing and save up for new ones. I completely understand the lack for confidence and it's perfectly normal.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    my boobs have shrunk too I was a small C sometimes full (during PMS) and now I'm a B cup. I've lost 14 lbs so far. Honestly, I don't really care much. I would have liked to have retained the size of my boobs with decreasing body weight but I know and I accepted that my body loses weight pretty much equivalently so if I lose weight I know my cup size would go down as well. I don't really mind. There's plenty of push up bras out there.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My boobs and butt are the first to shrink. I heard you can do weight lifting to make your chest appear bigger. Butts can be regrown with squats and lunges. I want to lose at least another 20-25 but I'm sure by the time I'm at my GW I'll be a A, If i'm lucky a small B. GW=Boob Job. I just want full b's or c's.

IMO, a better approach than rebuilding the muscle you lost dieting is to do squats/lunges/deadlifts while you diet down. Keeping your muscle is a lot easier than rebuilding it.

I didn't do this and really wish I had.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Not sure if your boobs are like mine, but mine went from DDD to DD. With each couple of band sizes, I also go down a cup size. Proportionately, they have stayed about the same so far. I expect to be a 32B or C by the time I reach my goal weight.... but like I said, the same body proportions will still be there. Do they look smaller in comparison to the whole package? I wouldn't stop getting healthy to preserve my boob size. There are plenty of bras to make them look bigger. I'm doing this to be healthy more so than to look good. But you need to ask yourself why YOU are losing weight and figure out if the health benefits are greater to you than the boobies.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Not sure if your boobs are like mine, but mine went from DDD to DD. With each couple of band sizes, I also go down a cup size. Proportionately, they have stayed about the same so far. I expect to be a 32B or C by the time I reach my goal weight.... but like I said, the same body proportions will still be there. Do they look smaller in comparison to the whole package? I wouldn't stop getting healthy to preserve my boob size. There are plenty of bras to make them look bigger. I'm doing this to be healthy more so than to look good. But you need to ask yourself why YOU are losing weight and figure out if the health benefits are greater to you than the boobies.
    Today I finally bit the bullet and went bra shopping because my 38 DDs were getting too big. I thought a 36 D, but imagine my elation when I tried on two 36 Cs and they fit fine.

36 C. Wow. I'm jazzed. :bigsmile:
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I ride horse a LOT! for me,the smaller they are the better!