Greek Yogurt?

Options
13»

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I eat it with sugar free fruit spread, yummy. I also substitute mayo with it. I started 1/2 and 1/2 Kraft olive oil mayo. Great with cucumber salad. I use salt free spices to help take it up a notch.

You work the yoghurt with some olive oil, fresh garlic, a little salt, vinegar & spearmint, a sliced cucumber and you come up with tzatziki, a traditional greek dish :bigsmile:
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love Oikos Stoneyfield Organic blueberry yogurt. I buy the 4 pack at Walmart (only place I have found the smaller sizes) and they are only 90 calories. Greek yogurt has less fat and more protein. It's much smoother than regular yogurt. I don't like cottage cheese either but I like Greek yogurt.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The Oikos (Stonyfield) at Wal-Mart is soooooo delicious!! They sell bigger containers and the convenient 4-pack. They have plain, blueberry, honey and just added caramel! OMG...if you like caramel, this is the yogurt for you. It tastes so sinful, but it's not. There is 0, zero, zip, nada, zilch fat in this. It's loaded with protein and it's organic. No crazy chemicals. It's creamy and totally worth every penny. The honey and the caramel are my favorites! The single serving containers have around 100 calories a piece. But it's good calories.

I tried the Dannon, and it's ok. But the Oikos is better, in my opinion. I have never heard of Fage as other members have mentioned. Must not be available in my area. (Kansas)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i love the chobani greek yogurt. i love the vanilla, strawberry, blueberry and strawberry banana. i have had the peach and it's ok but i'm not a fan of peach anything so don't go by me on that one. i just eat the peach because it comes in the multi pack i buy at BJs. today i picked up the kid's version that is chocolate and honey-banana. i haven't tried them yet but it's likely going to be good. the texture is super thick and creamy and i absolutely love it.
    just to update...had the chocolate greek yogurt a little while ago and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's sooooooo good! it's like eating chocolate mousse! you have to give it a try if you are having a chocolate craving.
  • bsweettt
    bsweettt Posts: 56
    Options
    I love the Dannon 80 calorie PLAIN ones and add a few grapes or half a banana cut up. AMAZING.
  • oklahoma_cowgirl_51
    Options
    i love the yoplait greek yogurt with honey. it's 90 cals and 10 grams of protein. it's a little bit tart, but much better for you and much easier for your body to digest. i make a protein shake for breakfast with gnc be buff soy protein. it's 100 cals per scoop and 15 g protein, so mixing in the greek yogurt makes it 190 cal and 25 g of protein, and it tastes better. you can throw in a handful of strawberries, half of a banana and a few blueberries for fiber and taste. this keeps me full until WELL into my afternoon!