Insanity Buddies

Options

Replies

• fitdreaaming
    Options
    Just started insanity yesterday ! Great to see that so many people are into it
  • wilkinsons11
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I will have a look at youtube now :smile:
  • wilkinsons11
    Options
    I am happy to be a buddy, send me a friend request. Just finished day 5 workout, rest day tomorrow but I actually ant to do some exercise
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had planned to do Day 1 last night, but my computer decided to not work properly..... so need to wait til that's better before I can start.... grrr... at least I have other exercise options in the meantime!
  • samh131
    Options
    My first week doing insanity and eating right and I've lost 4lbs!

It really works! X
  • Nailah1109
    Nailah1109 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just curious to know what everyone is entering under the Exercise Tab daily in your logs on here? I've been using Circuit Training....says I burn 370 calories in 45 mins! I don't have a Heart Rate Monitor to track....Can anyone say if they know about how many calories your burning when doing the Insanity workouts?

I also want to know what to put.. I've been putting Tae Bo - and that says I burn 429 calories.. I also don't have a HRM, so any info on this would be great
  • Nailah1109
    Options
    I want to know, if I miss a day for any reason, would I carry on with the next day or do the day that I missed??
  • virginialsteele
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Third time through Insanity in three years. Started week 3 today. Got through the warm up without a break - first time this year. Did plyo-cardio circuit. The last set of ski abs and in and outs about kill me. Haven't made it through a full set of those yet. But, abs are getting tight and having more definition!! Nothing beats Insanity in my opinion for some quick toning!! I could never get these results in a gym.
  • Fyrpixie1
    Fyrpixie1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I am glad I found this forum! I started insanity yesterday with the fit test. Sad to say I am really out of shape! I hope this gets better over the next few weeks.

I just did day 2 and I am finding myself having to modify a few of the moves (not much though) just so I can go longer and keep the form better! At any rate, I am glad to see so many people doing Insanity!
  • rmadams124
    Options
    i'm also doing insanity for the first time. just started week 2 and LOVING IT (except maybe mid-workout - but afterwards i feel great!). trying to stick with the nutrition plan as well - though i'm vegetarian so besides the morning meals options are limited, so i'm going with the overall concept rather than recipes.
  • amhatten1
    Options
    Hey all! I am on Insanity week 2 along with my husband! I've lost 3 lbs and my husband actually gained 6! haha. I really enjoy it so far but it's killer! I honestly didn't know what to do with myself with that first off day, but I guess I should plan to do a little workout on those days in the future! Good luck to you all and dig deep! ;-)
  • Insanity786
    Insanity786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on Day 44..I'm a scale=results person which has led to frustration and lots of googling :-) found quote saying you didn't become fat in 60 days you don't expect impossible results in 60 days:-) keep digging deep and keep change for life not 60 days.. This is easy to say and I'm hoping with a group of us supporting each other easier to do aswell....feel free to add me :-)
  • jtmoosr
    Options
    I just started yesterday too! It is so hard but feels like climbing a mountain at the end. feel free to let me know how everyone is doing. I could use the encouragement and the support. weight loss here I come!
  • Rlgriffin85
    Options
    Hi all.

My wife and I have tried Insanity on/off for the past few years and we both wear our polar heart-rate monitors when doing the exercise. It really depends on how hard you push yourself as to how many calories you burn. I push myself to a point where I'm completely exhausted, on the floor, looking up at the ceiling and burn between 560cal to 640cal per workout. My wife burns between 480cal and 560cal per session. She is aerobically more fit than I, but also doesn't push her self quite to the limint, so burns a little less.

I hope this helps.
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    I want to know, if I miss a day for any reason, would I carry on with the next day or do the day that I missed??

If you miss a workout, you can always just trade out your rest day for the missed workout. You can also double up and do two workouts one day. That way you still hold yourself accountable!
  • blessman
    blessman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in a fun workout group on Facebook. Everyone is so positive and supportive. We would love to have you join us! Send me a Facebook friend request if you're interested! (My FB link is Facebook.com/brad.lessman.1).
  • Nailah1109
    Options

If you miss a workout, you can always just trade out your rest day for the missed workout. You can also double up and do two workouts one day. That way you still hold yourself accountable!

Thanks :smile: gonna need to do a few double workouts - missed 3 days now and just haven't found the time to squeeze any workouts in!
  • susieq_82
    susieq_82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Just started my Insanity today did my Fit Test (NOT where I want to be) Can't wait to see the progress... I am ready for day two. I am going to get at it hard NO EXCUSES. So I love to meet people on the same path to motivate and support vice versa so add me and LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :):)
  • Smiley0514
    Options

Thanks :smile: gonna need to do a few double workouts - missed 3 days now and just haven't found the time to squeeze any workouts in!

You got this! don't give up!