Adopt a Noob _____Otterluv

Options
Otterluv
Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
I am not at goal. This is a long process. However, I've learned some stuff along the way. Here is my dorky end of summer success story that pretty much sums it up: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1097581-the-summer-of-awesome-adventures-an-otter-s-tale

What I've accomplished thus far:

Lost a lot of weight.

Went from getting winded walking a few blocks to being able to handle a 10 mile trail run.

Lifted for well over a year, using a few different beginner programs before settling on my current ruytine (thank you Ruy). These programs ranged from one designed by a trainer I hired when I started (mostly machines), to New Rules of Lifting for Women, to StrongLifts.

I've accomplished these things while experiencing injuries/illnesses/etc. that before would have derailed me.

A huge number of MFP members are probably way more qualified than me to do this, but whatevs.

So, I am opening up my generally closed FL to 2 noobs who are welcome to annoy the absolute daylights out of me with a zillion questions about this or that (within reason, of course) and I will try my best to answer them. But, fair warning: I am blunt and don't do quick fixes, mostly because there are none.

Feel free to send me a PM.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Adopt me!
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Adopt me!

Hmmmmm, what's in it for me?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Adopt me!

I have a really good cookie recipe that I totally didn't steal from Martha Stewart.
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Adopt me!

I have a really good cookie recipe that I totally didn't steal from Martha Stewart.

Well, I do really like cookies. DEAL!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    cute-puppy-pictures-pick-me.jpg
  • __Angie__
    Options
    This "adopt a noob" thing is pretty popular, huh?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to choose. :(
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* pick me!!!
  • Otterluv
    Options

Actually, I've never seen it pop up before, and it probably won't be seen again for a year.

But, those guys offering up their services are all pretty dang badass, and it's wonderful of them to do.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    For Otter :flowerforyou:

gif-funny-japanese-weird-****-668877.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-12968-1379810458-5_zps66c25bef.gif

MEEEE!!! Take me with you on awesome adventures Angie! I'll denounce my denunciation of glitter, I promise! :bigsmile:
  • Otterluv
    Options
    gGLc38E.gif

GLITTER FOR EVERYONE!!!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

A lot of people get annoyed with the New Years Resolutionists crowd. So some of us are taking the opposite approach and trying to help people along.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

A lot of people get annoyed with the New Years Resolutionists crowd. So some of us are taking the opposite approach and trying to help people along.

Allow me to re-write this for you:

"Everyone gets annoyed with the Resolutionists. Some of us are ignoring that distaste and rolling the dice that some people might actually have the chutzpah to stick with it for longer than two weeks."
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I want to know where all these adoptive parents were back in August when I was a lowly n00b

Was never adopted.

Forever alone.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    And let me add that Otterluv is a force of nature. I have an immense amount of respect for her. Her knowledge will help anyone reach their goals. Listen to her!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    And let me add that Otterluv is a force of nature. I have an immense amount of respect for her. Her knowledge will help anyone reach their goals. Listen to her!

Otter rocks. <3
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    gGLc38E.gif

GLITTER FOR EVERYONE!!!!

As long as it's not THIS glitter, we're good.
    glitter1.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I want to know where all these adoptive parents were back in August when I was a lowly n00b

Was never adopted.

Forever alone.gif

I did, I was just late.

Adopting noobs on the first of January is so mainstream.