Trying to kick night time snacking

Options
13»

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I usually will budget most of my foods in the morning, so I'll add in my snacks early on so I know they're already accounted for. Usually my go-to for a late night snack is a cheese stick (salty, cheesy goodness) or a mini-chocolate (those smaller-than-fun-size ones), so those run me less than 100 calories. I also try to drink a tall glass of water at night so that I'm not as tempted to snack.

If you want to cut out snacking at night all together, I've found that if I brush my teeth earlier, I won't snack because I don't want to brush my teeth again ;)
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    For the last week or so I have been doing fruit, especially peaches.
  • dollydemise
    dollydemise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    At night when I start to feel munchy, I open a book and start reading. Before I know it the craving has passed, and I'm out of the "danger zone."
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is a constant issue for me. I've gotten *better* but tt does depend on the night. The BIGGEST issue is meantally, I have to not talk myself into it. I usually tell myself "oh it's not that much" or "just tonight" or whatever. But I'm trying to be more conscious of my efforts.

My biggest piece of advice is to create a new routine at night. Replace the sugar with something else.

Here's some things that have helped me:

- 5 min of meditation or yoga (youtube videos)
    - Teeth whitening kit- can't eat after that!
    - Brushing teeth
    - Tea, the Aveda herbal tea is truly the best
    - Dark dark chocolate, 1-2 squares as something to look forward to.
    - Just going to be early
    - sex! lol. My sugar addiction is my husbands best friend :)
    - milk with cocoa powder warmed up. so like hot chocolate without the sugar.
    - just going to bed early. I've gone to bed even at 8pm some nights! I have no regrets in the morning. and my reward is not feeling bloated.

Things I'd like to try but haven't yet
    - reading more, hard to eat while reading!
    - when the weather is better, going for a short walk. I find when i move, I have less cravings.
    - keeping sweets out of the house. my husband loves them.

Come up with a list like this and keep it on your phone. When you have a craving, do 2-3 off the list, and if you're still having that craving, maybe give in a smidgen.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I tend to work out 1-2 hours after dinner. The only thing I want after that is a big glass of water! :)
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My last meal of the day is right before I go to bed, so I go to bed on a full stomach. When I first started a food plan, having that bedtime meal really helped me not snack after dinner. The added benefit is that I don't get hungry during the night, nor do I wake up starving.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started going to bed earlier - worked for me! Bonus is that I'm less tired too. I go upstairs at 9pm, putter around/ get my outfit ready for the next day/ read and turn the lights out at 10pm.