2»

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    2naupeg.jpg

I'm so happy with it :)

That is so beautiful! Wow :D

Just moved so mine are stacked neatly on the garage floor between the spare bedroom set and my workbench. :grumble:

Crazy idea here... Is the floor of your cellar dirt per chance? Do you need to do a bit of cardio on your non-lifting days for the next 6-8 weeks? Could do your own HIIT training of shovel throws, dirt bucket squats and wheel barrow carries until you have enough height down there... Just don't hose up the area supporting the foundation of your house!

Lay in a plywood floor or pour yourself a 4" slab when you're done. (We made due with what we had when I was growing up... I'm just sayin'....)

That would be cool! Mine is dirt (hard clay), but it was dug down to solid granite, lol! I live on an enormous rock :D
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have 2 bedrooms down in my basement that are my gym.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Garage. I have 1 parking space dedicated to gym.

Rt42iuH.jpg

Have made some improvements since then.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Mine's in my basement. I'd be afraid to deadlift heavy if it was upstairs in my living room. I'd worry that if I dropped it on a heavy lift, I might crack the floor!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    My husband gave up his side of the garage for my bench/barbell/weights and elliptical plus part of his man cave for my treadmill, bike and weighted cable/pulley system! He also gave up some of his shelf space for my dumbbells and all the extras! If my living room was the only space I had, I'd totally put them there!
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a super huge walk in closet, so I keep my barbell and bench in there.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Definitely have a room dedicated to all my lifting equipment.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Mine are in our bedroom next to the bench and treadmill. Our room is big enough and configured perfectly to fit it all and make the layout work.
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    first 10 years of my marriage it was in the living room of our single wide mobile home. The next 20 years it has been in the basement of our house where I workout.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I loaned mine to a friend a year ago, to do P90X. It's been sitting in his garage unused ever since. I'd rather use my kettlebells.

I have two spare bedrooms but keep my treadmill in my formal living room, because I use it more when it's out and don't do much formal entertaining, anyway.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for my barbell/rack equipment now after reading some of these posts.

I leave mine outside under a covered area. The weights and rack have a bit of surface rust and the bench has a tear, it is all very ugly looking. But it works nicely because the weights are still nice and heavy ;)

It works for prisons!

lol it feels like a prison some days