How many times are you gonna do DAY 1 over again?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about having a bad day or weekend, I'm talking about restarting DAY 1 over again after giving up after a week, a month, or 6 months? Is your attitude really different this time or are you just gonna take another shot and see what happens?
    Just something to think about as this new year gets started.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LUNK ALARM!
    Lol, you must work out at Planet Fitness. I go there on Pizza night.................just for the free pizza.

IDEA Fitness member
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    As many times as it takes. Twice I have weighed over 350 lbs. The first time I lost 110 lbs. and gained it all back. This time I lost 160 lbs. and have kept it off for over a year. Even with that success there are days I want to give up. If I do give up I know that there is that element in me that will tell me to get up and move
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Everyday is Day 1.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm having to recommit myself to this every morning now. Because I know what I have to do in order to not get fat again. But I'm forgetful, so I need to remind myself. Do this, and this is why. Every day is Day 1. Although it certainly helps my confidence to rack up a lot of Day 1's in a row!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Every 28 days just like I've been doing for the last three decades.
  • TeamAliyah
    TeamAliyah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To be honest who knows... but what I can control is not saying Day 1... but continuing where I left off!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Every 28 days just like I've been doing for the last three decades.
    :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    as many times as it takes to reach the goal…the only way to truly fail, is to give up…:bigsmile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Im on day 165 havent quit or given up yet! so to answer your question. NEVER. NOT ONCE> im in it to win it.
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not talking about having a bad day or weekend, I'm talking about restarting DAY 1 over again after giving up after a week, a month, or 6 months? Is your attitude really different this time or are you just gonna take another shot and see what happens?

IDEA Fitness member

Don't suppose you're involved in the Adopt-a-noob (aka adopt-a-fool) program. I was all fired up to get snarky and realised what you said struck a chord somewhere...I think I detected the distant toll of a bell ringing. I need YOU to kick my white English....erm...*kitten*.
    I've adopted a lot of noobs and have given tons of free information via PM over the time I've been here. I CAN'T dedicate my time to any one or two people though. I have barely enough time to write up and assess my own clients and new clients as of now.

IDEA Fitness member

It wasn't really a request in anticipation of a response...more a doff of the old cap to recognise and be appreciative of a key point, and that I hope for more chords to be similarly struck over the coming months.
  • lebitt01
    lebitt01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your weight lost ticker and just want to say congratulations! That's truly an inspiration. Have a great day!
  • jammallnyte
    jammallnyte Posts: 26 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

LUNK ALARM!
    Lol, you must work out at Planet Fitness. I go there on Pizza night.................just for the free pizza.

IDEA Fitness member

No but you are the reason people do!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think that you do day one over and over again until it becomes a habit. So what if a person has to start over? At least they are starting over! I think as long as you keep making up your mind to try eventually something will click and they you'll never have to try over again but just keep going.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

LUNK ALARM!

IDEA Fitness member

I'm the reason people eat free pizza at Planet Fitness? :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I started this journey 2 years ago. Dropped 20lbs and was loving my body. I don't know why, but I just lost motivation! I went on vacation, started college and pretty much went back to my old ways. For the past year and a half I've started and stopped and started again over and over again! I've tried doing different things, dropped 150 dollars on a plan and used it for a week, it's been a roller coaster. As the new year begins I'm ready to get back to that 150 weight I was at! I was happy there, I could wear clothes comfortably! I know what works for me I just have to get back to it! I will not start over again, this is IT!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Fall down seven, stand up eight.

As many times as it takes, I will start over.

I suppose it could depend on each person's interpretation of "Day One". Sometimes "Day One" is the start of a new goal that I've set for myself or a different approach. Life changes and upsets the apple-cart and sometimes we need to restack the apples and throw out the bruised ones.

I'd rather have a few day ones, than be a quitter.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I do not think Nine, was trying to insult anyone who is a day 1 repeat offender. lol

I think Nine was just trying to give repeat offenders something to ponder. Attitude is everything in accomplishing anything you want in life.

If you do not go in with the attitude that you are willing to work hard, be consistent, patient, realistic, then you may set yourself up with another disappointment and set back in achieving your goal.

I have been guilty as I will lose the weight quickly and go about my way in life and gain some back and again I'm repeating the cycle because I didn't come in with the right attitude that promotes longevity.

Yes, I can come in all pumped up! Ready to tackle this like no tomorrow! But, am I really ready for all that is in store? The good. The bad. The frustrating....

I do not know. I think Nine makes a good point and gives repeat offenders and new something to think about .
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I will restart day 1 as many times as it takes for me to make the change permanent. I've been at it a year and lost a lot.. but fall off the wagon.. and it feels like day 1 all over again. So. rather restart day 1 then quit, give up and go back to how I was.

It matters not how many time you start at square one.. it matter that you keep at it until you are where you want to be.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

LUNK ALARM!

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Wait.. there is free pizza at a gym??? *now searching for nearest planet fitness*
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

LUNK ALARM!

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Wait.. there is free pizza at a gym??? *now searching for nearest planet fitness*
    Heard they got free doughnuts too.