Am I an Apple or an Hourglass?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did post earlier and mentioned a 9" or higher minimum then scrolled through today and noticed you asked for any links concerning this so I popped over to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape) hopefully that helps for the purposes of definition of dimensions.

As for certain foods impacting better or worse on you based on body shape, I personally don't think it works that way but that's me. I can see where some exercises might help enhance the shape that is already there by working the right muscle groups in the right way but in general most exercises will be useful depending on the goal, again, personal thoughts on the topic only.

*edit for spelling error or at least the one I noticed ;-)*
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i missed so much while i was under my bridge... thanks for the entertainment OP! i hope you find your winning fruit!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    That's not an opinion. It's a fact that is well established through many peer reviewed scientific article. But what do I know with a BA in Health and Physical Education with an emphasis in Athletic Training or my MS in Kinesiology...

I want to know because there's certain foods to eat and avoid and better exercises depending on body shapes apparently. Thanks in advance.

this is utter rubbish!

That's your opinion and wasn't the opinion that was asked for.

But hold up. Are you saying that there aren't special recommendations due to central adiposity? Seriously?

Maybe you mean that everyone should do the things recommended for that health clue, and I agree. Everyone needs cardio, attention to their fats ratio, foods that reduce BP and LDL (etc), and limited carbs just to be nice to their poor beta cells in case they ever go whacky. And to restrict alcohol, too :(

But that's pretty strict, man! Usually I think folks don't need to care about their carbs or a couple of glasses of wine that strictly unless they have symptoms, like a height-to-waist ratio above the medically recommended guidelines. Those guidelines come from central adiposity research, naturally. Forget the fruit labels and think about it :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I did post earlier and mentioned a 9" or higher minimum then scrolled through today and noticed you asked for any links concerning this so I popped over to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape) hopefully that helps for the purposes of definition of dimensions.

As for certain foods impacting better or worse on you based on body shape, I personally don't think it works that way but that's me. I can see where some exercises might help enhance the shape that is already there by working the right muscle groups in the right way but in general most exercises will be useful depending on the goal, again, personal thoughts on the topic only.

Um.... did you just use Wikipedia as a resource? You know anyone can edit that information right? There's a reason Wikipedia is not an allowed source for college courses.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Um.... did you just use Wikipedia as a resource? You know anyone can edit that information right? There's a reason Wikipedia is not an allowed source for college courses.

Thats why you scroll down to the bottom and click the link to the sited sources.