Master Cleanse

Options
Hi Guys..

I am planning to start a modified version of Master cleanse from today (for 5 days) after which I start taking in fruits and gradually move into to healthy diet.

Also : Modification 1st : 5 days instead of 10 , 2nd: I will do salt flush only on day 1 i.e. today and 3rd : Instead of laxative tea every night i plan to have green tea.

Any Tips? Thoughts? Personal experience?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Tips?
    Don't do it.

What you are planning on doing is not healthy.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Tips?
    Don't do it.

+1
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think this is a terrible idea with absolutely zero benefits.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Best tip: no need to do this. "Cleanses" don't cleanse anything. Just start eating more whole foods and you'll be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :noway:

You could try Taco Bell, I hear they do a better cleanse!! :laugh:
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    That sounds ridiculous. Why can't you move to a healthy diet right away?
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not necessary and absolutely miserable. Your body knows how to clean itself. Just start eating a healthy diet and your body will do the rest.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ahh, another cleanse question. I suggest you look through the numerous cleanse threads posted in the past 3 days, then do some research of your own. Look for scientific data to back up claims of cleanse diets. There is none. The Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical, all state that there is no data to back up claims of the effectiveness of cleanse diets. Eat at a deficit and move more. That's my opinion.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I would advise against it.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Nice.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Why make yourself miserable with something that doesn't work? Start a new healthy lifestyle today instead. Eat the foods you enjoy at a sustainable and moderate calorie deficit, get in some exercise if you can, and ideally start weight training. It doesn't need to complicated and you don't need to detox anything.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    1. welcome to mfp.
    2. there's a search function.
    3. this is the only detox you need
    tumblr_mlgg4aj0XU1rdutw3o1_400.gif
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

QFT. I find the Taco Bell Cleanse to be quite delicious as well as effective.

Rigger
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Tips?
    Don't do it.

This....
    What's unfortunate is that she's probably already bought into the hype of the Master Cleanse, is still going to do it despite all of these comments, and is just waiting for that first "atta boy!!!" to fixate on.

That's what I see all too often in these forums.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Atta Boy!!
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it, but beyond that I have no tips other than to listen to your body. Stop if you feel ill or dizzy. I don't know anyone who has had real success with a cleanse, and most people who do cleanses are (and remain) overweight until they find a more realistic option.

Good luck!
  • erinlee023
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.

No. Weight loss does not need a jump start.