Master Cleanse

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in....to find out what toxins are being cleansed that would not naturally be cleansed by your body...? (sorry jof, beat you to it buddy, I have taken up your crusade as my own!!!)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

OP please read this thread before doing the same damage to yourself that this person did
  • ndj1979
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.

no such think as "jump starting' weight loss..

do you really think that your metabolism is like a car battery?
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    While I agree with everyone here that the cleanse isn't necessarily healthy, I actually enjoy it as a jump start. I always feel the need to do something drastic in order to get myself motivated.
    My only tip is be careful when going back to eating solids as you can gain any lost weight back very quickly (and then some), and if you feel light headed during the cleanse, EAT. Don't torture yourself with it.

No. Weight loss does not need a jump start.

Thank you.......I tried arguing this point with my sister, who would not hear it.
    She was thoroughly convinced that before she could actually get her butt off the couch to start working out, she needed to do a cleanse.

Face palms ensued.......
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Just.Dont.Do.It.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    NO.You're not 'cleansing' anything.

Why would you want to screw up your body's natural PH by doing a salt flush?

Seems counter-productive to me.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    what do you plan on cleansing? your ograns?? you cant take them out of your body and wash them
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

In...

... for jump-starting and other general silliness.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Thank you.......I tried arguing this point with my sister, who would not hear it.
    She was thoroughly convinced that before she could actually get her butt off the couch to start working out, she needed to do a cleanse.

Face palms ensued.......

Is she still sitting on the couch?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    in....to find out what toxins are being cleansed that would not naturally be cleansed by your body...? (sorry jof, beat you to it buddy, I have taken up your crusade as my own!!!)
    Maybe you'll have better luck than he does.... There's always hope....
    waiting_gif_zps5d726a83.jpg
  • erinlee023
    Options
    There's too many rude, arrogant people here for my to reply to all of them separately. People don't post here to get attacked. You're not helping anyone.

I never said it would guarantee results, that it was healthy, a miracle, etc. I like how it makes me feel, so I consider it a jump start. I'm like this with all aspects of my life, not just weight loss. If I want to do something, I have to start with something dramatic, as 'silly' as it may seem.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    There's too many rude, arrogant people here for my to reply to all of them separately. People don't post here to get attacked. You're not helping anyone.

I never said it would guarantee results, that it was healthy, a miracle, etc. I like how it makes me feel, so I consider it a jump start. I'm like this with all aspects of my life, not just weight loss. If I want to do something, I have to start with something dramatic, as 'silly' as it may seem.

please explain how a cleanse jumpstarts anything?
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

Face palms ensued.......

Is she still sitting on the couch?

Well, she's definitely not exercising.
  • erinlee023
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have to say this.. I like how I feel when I do it, I find the feeling motivating. It jumpstarts my MIND.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

This post is pretty dramatic.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

please explain how a cleanse jumpstarts anything?

It doesn't, and she states so. She "considers" it a jump start, and at least she concedes that it's "silly".
    I guess if it psychologically prepares you for the next step and gets you motivated, more power to you.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

As silly as it may seem.... gotcha.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a cleanse you can, however a cleanse is really supposed to be a supplementation. If you cleanse in a healthy way you will still eat food as well. You can check out some at health food stores or ask a doctor what they recommend. It's usually a supplement you mix in water. You drink it throughout the day in addition to eating clean.

Anything where you don't eat at all and only drink something is not healthy.

But you can do what you want to do, it's your body.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP....salt is good for our bodies remember that. If you are worried about too much salt. eat less processed foods or fast foods....make more home made foods. Dont add any extra salt to your meals, add more spices that taste better....Sweat sweat and more sweat and oh yea water.Thatll help get rid of any excess salt in your system
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I don't know how many times I have to say this.. I like how I feel when I do it, I find the feeling motivating. It jumpstarts my MIND.

ohhhhhhh you meant mental jumpstarting and not metabolism jumpstarting....now everything is clear...

my apologies for correcting the record in a mean and rude manner...