Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    41 this month. I've been here for almost 3 years now and always looking for more friends my age :)
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am 42 (will be 43 in May)...feel free to add me :smile:
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    42 here and I am very active and known to be motivating and encouraging. Add me if you wish.

Cheers
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I am 42 and trying to lose has never been this difficult! I am determined to succeed though :-)
  • 42 here, feel free to add me as well
  • nellie72
    nellie72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am looking for more friends for encouragement and support that are in my same boat. People are not joking when they say it's harder to lose weight in your 40's. It's like someone flipped a switch on my metabolism.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    49…trying to get fit before 50! Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You said a mouthful--it is harder to lose and maintain ur weight in ur 40's!!! I am 47 and working on it daily---feel free to add me!!!!
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on MFP for 2-1/2 years now - started here with 10 lbs to lose (after losing 30 and regaining 10). I got as close as 3 lbs from my goal and now as the new year begins, I find myself 14 lbs from goal. It's been a struggle, but I'm bound and determined to finally get back to goal this year and stay there! New friends are welcome - I'll send you a request.

P.S. I'm 46!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just turned 45.
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    AHA! My group of people! Harder yes, but not impossible, I am always inspired by people on this site. If they can - so can I... maybe not as dramatic, but it's all about reaching that goal; Adds welcome - will be more active starting next week! We can do this!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hanging on to 49. I did it. You can too.

I still have a lifetime to go. Extra friends are welcome on this journey !
  • foreverautumn35
    Options
    46 and joined the site today, I always say i have a waistline but its being protected by layers of fat.
  • breezey1
    breezey1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I joined for the same reason-my metabolism slowed down. Counting calories was a huge help! You've got this!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started to get in shape 2 years ago at 41. It is doable.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    46 here! Would love to have more friends in my age range. Feel free to add me.
  • jamesadams3766952
    Options
    Count me in too....Turned 40 this past year and I agree it is much harder now than when I lost weight in my 20s and 30s. My hope is that this time I can actually keep it off instead of quickly dropping the weight only to rebound shortly thereafter. Perhaps with age we have a bit of wisdom in how to go about this....
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    41 and maintaining now. It WAS hard to lose, but not impossible. :drinker:
  • caromac1972
    caromac1972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    can add me. I'm 41 and have lost nearly 301bs since July:smile: