Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    46 here and keep gaining/losing the same weight. I blame my lack of discipline more than my age.
    Add me if you want.
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    In my 40's as well. It does seem to get a bit harder:( Sent you a friend request:)
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    46 and working towards the best overall shape of my life. Add me y'all.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 this year and yes, it's definitely harder to do this than when I was younger. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I lost 126 lbs and I'm in my 50s. I became ill and was injured and was unable to do much for two years, so I have gained my weight back, but I'm back on my diet plan and going for physical therapy for exercise. Oh, and I use a wheelchair most of the time outside of the house. I figure if I can lose weight, anyone can!
  • Lorichr
    Lorichr Posts: 54
    Options
    I am 47 and have been maintaining a 33 pound weight loss for 2 years now. I hear you about the metabolism after 40-ouch!

I added you.
  • jrzchick
    Options
    I'm newly 40 :D and decided to actually use MFP this time! Feel free to add me. I have no friends, I don't think. lol

I have to lose 15 lbs, darnit
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to hit the big '50' this year. Lost a large part of my weight when I was 47. I didn't find that posing was the hard part. It is trying to build strength with weight training that seems to be the hardest thing to do at this age.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    45 and the strongest and healthiest I've ever been! :)
  • roverrowe
    roverrowe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Happy for you to add me if you like. I'm 42 y-o male in UK. Lost around 30lbs on MFP and was below my goal weight (since starting properly last February). Put on a few lbs after a lazy festive season, but back on it now.

I've actually found weight loss remarkably easy with MFP and am in the best shape of my life having been overweight since my early teens.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'll be 47 in a few weeks. My goal was to lose 50 pounds but I stalled at 40 two years ago. Since then I have gained 10. I have been struggling to get that 10 and the 10 I never lost off. It is tough at 40+. I'd be happy to be friends with any of you. Add me!
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll be in my 40's for another 9 months. I lost 50 lbs and 22% body fat after turning 47 so I know from experience how difficult it can be. But it can be done! Slow and steady is the key to success and it all starts with good nutrition. Feel free to add me, too.
  • sbsmutoni
    sbsmutoni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm there too....it was so much easier just a few years ago (early menopause hasn't helped either!).

I'm 48, and I'd like some others to share feedback with.
  • sbsmutoni
    sbsmutoni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I`am 46, feel free to add me
  • Sweetface421
    Sweetface421 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and frustrated with my metabolism too. I've tried to lose the same 30 lbs. three times in the last year.
    I'm working really hard this time around but trying to temper my expectations.
    Feel free to add me too!
  • faces357
    Options
    I worked out in a gym today for the first time in years. I thought that I would die. I was sweating just watching everybody else. I took my friend with me and she is 40 plus and she cheated on every station. Is it okay not to do the recommended amounts when you just start back?
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    42 male anyone can add me just include note where u saw me
  • kstof
    kstof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I'll be 47 in April. I've lost the same 30 pounds about 4 times in my life. Here i go again! I'm committed though!:happy:
  • kstof
    kstof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not in Bloomington but freezing my butt off with you here in Wisconsin! Add me if you'd like. I'm committed and would love the competition. I started yesterday.