Friends in their 40's

Options

Replies

• DPietz
    DPietz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep. Hitting 42 is like hitting the diet wall. nothing seems to work...
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in a few days...please add me if your're looking for encouragement & friends!
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi there... 44 here. Anyone can feel free to add me too... would be nice to have some more friends that are about the same age.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Feel free to read my profile, and add me if you wish.

And it's not just the lack of weight loss...it's the freaky periods, the hair loss, the dry skin, the mood swings...some days I feel like a crazy person.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    41 here :drinker:
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49. I've been at this for a year now and have lost 68 pounds. I've battled weight my whole adult life and have finally found success and have been able to make a lifestyle change instead of "diet!" Anyone feel free to friend me.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. Just re-set my data and starting fresh. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    43 and feeling good! There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that can stand in our way. We might have to work a little harder than the 20-somethings, but if that's what it takes...BRING IT!! We are old enough to understand that principles, determination, and commitment can guide to any destination!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am 22 X's 2 ! :wink: I feel great and run like the wind !
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It might be harder to lose weight for lots of reasons as we age but seriously, it's not impossible. When I was in my early 50s I finally lost the 15 pounds I'd struggled to lose all my life. How? Adding weight lifting to my life, exercising regularly (walking briskly for 45 minutes 3 times a week), and significantly limiting sugar, breads, pasta, starchy vegetables.

Even though I've gotten "lazy" about exercise and food (and that's why I've just joined here to get back into better patterns) I've kept off most of the weight.

Build yourself some muscle! It resets your metabolism!
  • Jlwilson50
    Jlwilson50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    An me as a friend if you like
  • valleydad
    valleydad Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and close to 41. I lost almost 20 pounds on MFP when I first started with Fitbit. But sadly, I've put 10 back on. I'm focused on keeping and taking more off.

I ran three half marathons, three 10Ks and three 5Ks in 2013. That's crazy. I ran five 5Ks in 2012. I never was a runner and always had bad knees but I figured it may be because of my weight. And it was.

I'm training for my first full marathon in March! I'm not ready but hope to be soon.

I've done better on MFP after 3-5 bad months. I'm in it to win it. Or something like that.

Add me but tell me a bit about yourself.
  • jeepfit21
    jeepfit21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Going on 48 this year with some big goals in mind. Also a re-newcomer to the playground called MFP....
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i'll be 42 in May after retiring from the Navy I've found it very hard to lose weight but this is the year to shed my retirement weight
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    soon to be 42 and almost to my goal...everyone can feel free to add..I log regularly (cept, for a brief period during vacation)
  • ritusingh3
    ritusingh3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post ever on MFP. I just turned 45 in November, and am looking to drop about 10-12 lbs by May, and it's such hard work! Nothing like when I was in my twenties. But, I am working out and eating healthy and have faith that it will pay off!
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Ill be 40 in 6 months
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I am 42. About to run my first 10K in March then half marathon in April.

And the 36 pounds I lost took me 82 days so far.
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    40 this July.. Feel great, looking for more results everyday. Good luck everyone keep it going!!

Feel free to send adds !!
  • vbferg
    vbferg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm 42 and I know what you mean!! :smile: