Rotating shifts/Calorie Counting

Options
kristle00
kristle00 Posts: 140 Member
I work rotating shfts. Sometimes I work 9pm until 7am other times I work 7am til 5pm...i have midshifts in between there too. Tonight I'm working a 5pm until 3am shift. I was just wondering how other people who have rotating shift count their calories. Do their keep their actual "day" within the day, or if they wake up at odd times and their breakfast is relly around 7pm and lunch around midnight, do you log your day like that? Or just log whatever you eat throughout the time you're awake for january 2nd....regardless if you're actual "lunch" falls at 3am on January 3rd...I'm just trying to figure out how I want to do this, count my calories as I eat them for when I'm awake etc... or go specificially only thing in that day - i hope this makes sense to someone haha

Replies

• vickyagray
    Options
    If I were you I would count the calories in the hours you are awake. Even if that spans two days. I dont work shifts but on occasion do have to do a few night shifts. I find it easier to count my calories in my waking hours other wise I lose track of what i'm doing. Hope this helps
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    When I was on nightshift, I found it easiest to log from midnight to midnight rather than in accordance with my sleep schedule. On a normal day, I would have lunch at 12:30 am, dinner at 8 am and breakfast at 4:30 pm. It helped keep things consistent for switching between days and nights. From a weightloss perspective, it doesn’t matter. So long as you pick one approach and are consistent, it’ll work fine. Do what works for you.