Healthy Snacks

Options
Hello!
I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and would like some suggestions on healthy snacks. I know the obvious of veggies and such but is there anything that you all love that I could try?

Thanks and stay safe with all this snow!

Sharon

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    snacks I enjoy:

fruits when craving sweets
    dark chocolate square (endagered species brand) when I have to have chocolate

Hummus (ceder's is my favorite brand) with cucumbers & carrots

nuts-almonds, cashews, pistachio

annies snackmix-cheddar bunny crackers and pretzels (I portion out the box into snack size baggies when I first get it that way I don't eat the whole thing at one and the measuring is done)

Organic or farmers market mozzerella stick
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt. It's good plain but sometimes I add sweetener and cocoa, or add frozen berries & blend for frozen yoghurt.
  • sassy15241
    sassy15241 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Any other suggestions?

Sharon
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I love blueberries
  • mamad5
    mamad5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of almond butter with a few dark chocolate chips, I like to eat a pomegranate when I crave sweets...because it takes a while to eat....then I forgot I was craving sweets...cause they are oh so sweet and yummy.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    For portable snacks, I like babybel cheese, dried fruit, and nuts.

For prepare at home snacks, I like toast and butter, cinnamon raisin bread and cream cheese, and ice cream when I have the calories left at the end of the day. :)
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cheese! They sell cheese sticks at the store that are only 50 cals each :)
  • adado616
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt. Dress it up with fresh fruit, almonds, oats, flax seed, agave nectar, cinnamon or whey protein powder. You can really add anything to fit you liking!
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    roasted chickpeas - 28g, a sizable handful, provides 5g of complete protein, 5g of fiber, 2g fat, 12g net carbs, and 102 cals.

It's an awesomely balanced snack that won't throw macros out of whack. if you make them yourself, you can season them a bunch of different ways.

If you need fat, nuts are amazing; particularly cashews and macadamia nuts. Cocoa (nibs!) is another amazing snack item if you need fats.

If you need carbs, dried fruits are a good choice.
  • pizzmor
    pizzmor Posts: 37
    Options
    Baby carrots with sea salt. Yum!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:
    string cheese
    nut and berry trail bars
    pop chips
    fat free cool whip
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    fruit, nuts, homemade yogurt, CHOCOLATE!! and yeah veggies to
  • melissabyerly09
    Options
    Here are some of my faves. (some already mentioned)

- Hard boiled eggs
    - Oatmeal - this isn't necessarily delicious, but it does curb the munchies! I keep a canister at work and just add some cinnamon.
    - Unsweetened applesauce (good heated with a sprinkle of cinnamon)
    - Wheat toast with natural peanut butter and a drizzle of honey (not as convenient for on the go)
    - Plain Greek yogurt (as others mentioned, you're much better off adding your own fruit and toppings than eating the sweetened varieties)
    - Edamame
    - Banana cream (frozen banana put in the food processor) - yummy!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Favorite snacks:
    ice-cream-cones.jpg
    111227022048-chocolate-candy-bar-story-top.jpg
    4133496099_6f46a962bc.jpg
    guacamole-ck-577239-l.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My fave snack is Breton Garden Vegetable Minis (crackers) and extra-old white cheddar cheese.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love roasted edamame, these things called 'somersaults'(http://www.somersaultsnackco.com/), maple bacon kettle chips (REALLY have to weigh these suckers though), popcorn, cheese, pistachios, apples, oranges, bananas, pumpkin seeds, sesame sticks.

ETA: anything with avocado, raspberry sorbet, Liz Lemon frozen yogurt by ben and jerry's, more avocado, chocolate (any will do when I'm in the mood, but I like the endangered species dark chocolate with orange a lot)
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roast almonds.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    My favorites are: natural popcorn, roasted almonds, yogurt, fruit, string cheese, protein bars and/or shakes, smoothies, salads.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Any snack that helps you hit your macro goals without going over your calorie limit is a healthy one. Eat what you enjoy.